Do you ever look up at the night sky and wonder what exactly you’re seeing above you? We’re here to help! Stargaze with us at our Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, Virginia! Join staff and members of the Northern Virginia Astronomy Club for an evening of stargazing. We’ll help you use our telescopes to observe planets, stars, and more.
- Stargazing is free and open to the public.
- The event is weather permitting and may be canceled due to rain, clouds, and other poor visibility. For last-minute updates, call the Astronomy Education number at 202-633-2517,
- Bring warm clothes and a small flashlight. If possible, make your flashlight red by wrapping it in a brown paper bag or red cellophane.
- Parking is free after 4:00 pm. Please park at the south end of the main parking lot, and consider dimming your headlights as you approach.
- Stargazing is located at the south end of the Museum’s parking lot. Look for staff with red flashlights to help guide you to the telescopes.