The weekend is almost here. Before you spring forward for daylight saving time or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news in Fairfax County.
Here are the 10 most-read stories on FFXnow this week:
- Steakhouse to take over Reston Town Center space vacated by Il Fornaio
- Police: Tysons Nordstrom worker scammed into putting over $10K on gift cards
- Person seriously injured, hospitalized in three-vehicle Reston crash
- Report: D.C. Peruvian restaurant will expand to Reston Town Center
- Poll: What should Fairfax County do about its property tax rate?
- FCPD: George Mason University professor fatally stabbed by son
- Jeff Bezos’s moon mission is landing in Reston
- Northern Virginia Fine Arts Festival returns in May with a new name
- County approves Tysons drive-thru restaurant, possibly a Shake Shack
- FCPD should address ‘swatting’ incidents, panel says
Ideas for potential stories can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted as an anonymous tip. Photos of scenes from around the county are welcome too, with credit always given to the photographer.
Feel free to discuss these topics, your weekend plans, or anything else that’s happening locally in the comments below. Have a great weekend Fairfax County!
A new pilot program that aims to understand community sentiment about the Fairfax County Police Department is underway. Through a partnership with Axon, a San Francisco-based startup, the police department…
The McLean Community Center saw a noticeable uptick in participation for its latest governing board election. A total of 2,504 ballots were cast to determine three new adult board members…
For a second year in a row, ArtsFairfax will hold its annual celebration of the local arts community on Oct. 28 at Capital One Hall, which also happens to be…
CitySwing, a golf facility designed for people of all skill levels, plans to open at Reston Town Center in the first quarter of next year. The facility at 11897 Market…