The weekend is almost here. Before you make one final April Fool’s Day joke or head to bed for some much-needed sleep after avoiding those pranksters, let’s revisit the past week of news in Fairfax County.
Here are the 10 most-read stories on FFXnow this week:
- Fairfax County approves fines for running bamboo, starting next year
- FCPS set to require recess in all middle schools for the first time
- DEVELOPING: Police advise avoiding area after bank robbed in Reston
- JUST IN: Fairfax County jail inmate dies
- BREAKING: Possible tornado touchdown in Tysons after warnings issued for Fairfax County
- Outdoor theater to spring to life in Reston Town Center
- UPDATED: Man who died in jail was masseuse charged with sexual battery, FCPD says
- Herndon man charged with fraud and embezzlement in Loudoun
- Capital One Center food trucks and mini golf to open this spring
- Annual resignations spike nearly 62% for Fairfax County government jobs
Ideas for potential stories can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted as an anonymous tip. Photos of scenes from around the county are welcome too, with credit always given to the photographer.
Feel free to discuss these topics, your weekend plans, or anything else that’s happening locally in the comments below. Have a great weekend Fairfax County!
For a second year in a row, ArtsFairfax will hold its annual celebration of the local arts community on Oct. 28 at Capital One Hall, which also happens to be…
CitySwing, a golf facility designed for people of all skill levels, plans to open at Reston Town Center in the first quarter of next year. The facility at 11897 Market…
Local Republicans nominated Karina Lipsman on Saturday (May 21) to seek the U.S. House seat currently held by Rep. Don Beyer (D-Va.). Early voting is underway for the June 21 Democratic…
Jollibee has confirmed that it plans to open its fried chicken chain in Chantilly some time this year. The popular restaurant will open at 4406 Chantilly Shopping Center in space…