The weekend is almost here. Before you hop on a bicycle and hit the nearest trail, or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news in Fairfax County.
Here are the 10 most-read stories on FFXnow this week:
- Reported armed robbery in Tysons leads to I-495 police pursuit
- Fairfax County resident wins big on ‘Wheel of Fortune’
- Fairfax County board chair rejects Youngkin’s advice for Supreme Court justice protests
- Reston Town Center renovations force cancellation of concert series
- Big Buns will start serving up burgers in Vienna next week
- JUST IN: Driver dies after car crashes, catches fire on I-95 in Springfield
- Herndon hopes for ‘unique’ entrance with planned promenade from Metro station
- Fairfax County revives effort to look at ‘panhandling’ issues, but leaders disagree on approach
- Plan for new residential buildings at The Boro tweaked to improve bridge design, accessibility
- Private school in Vienna seeks to add more students, new facilities
Ideas for potential stories can be sent to email@example.com or submitted as an anonymous tip. Photos of scenes from around the county are welcome too, with credit always given to the photographer.
Feel free to discuss these topics, your weekend plans, or anything else that’s happening locally in the comments below. Have a great weekend Fairfax County!
Trips on the Dulles Toll Road could get costlier next year. The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority‘s Board of Directors is considering a plan to raise tolls by an average of…
Work to expand the I-495 Express Lanes to the north is only just warming up, but the Virginia Department of Transportation is now turning its attention to the southern end…
The parking lots at WillowWood Plaza in Fairfax City may become the site of a future mixed-use development — a familiar storyline for parking nowadays. Capital Real Estate, a Colorado-based…
Thousands of people are expected to descend on Lewinsville Park Saturday (May 21) for the first full-fledged McLean Day since the COVID-19 pandemic began. After getting canceled in 2020 and…