Memorial Day weekend is almost here. Before you start planning how to spend the holiday or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news in Fairfax County.
Here are the 10 most-read stories on FFXnow this week:
- Bidding adieu to Reston Town Center, Clyde’s prepares to unveil next course
- Reston dive bar, Local VA, shutters at Lake Anne Plaza
- Ahead of 2023 opening, Wegmans begins hiring for Reston location
- After Texas mass shooting, Fairfax County School Board member proposes new security measure
- Buoyed by community effort, man rescued at Reston’s North Shore pool
- JUST IN: FCPS bus workers charged with abuse after kid suffers head injury
- NEW: Tysons Biergarten returns, opening at Scotts Run this week
- EXCLUSIVE: Immersive indoor golfing experience is coming to Reston Town Center
- Filipino fried chicken chain Jollibee to open this year in Chantilly
- Lidl reveals grand opening date for its new McLean grocery
Ideas for potential stories can be sent to email@example.com or submitted as an anonymous tip. Photos of scenes from around the county are welcome too, with credit always given to the photographer.
Feel free to discuss these topics, your weekend plans, or anything else that’s happening locally in the comments below. Have a great weekend Fairfax County!
A dog was chained up and shot this morning in the residential neighborhood behind the Woodlawn Shopping Center in Mount Vernon, police say. Officers responded to the area of Bedford…
The Rotary Club of McLean will peer back into the colonial era this weekend for its 11th annual chocolate festival. Set to return this Sunday (Jan. 29), the McLean Chocolate…
The Herndon Festival will return this year in the summer, bringing back a tradition that was scaled back to a carnival last year. The festival is set to take place…
Fairfax County is again asking the state for money to offset anticipated reductions in resident vehicle tax payments. At a meeting on Tuesday (Jan. 24), the Board of Supervisors unanimously…
Linjee Thai Restaurant Virginia Alcohol Beverage Control Publishing Notice.
Hi, my name is Moneim Z., and I am a blind male with chronic kidney disease, who needs a living kidney donor for a transplant. My blood type is B+, and I can accept a kidney from individuals who have blood types B and O.
To read my story, please see the attached letter.
To contact me directly, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 571-428-5065. My living donor coordinator at INOVA Hospital, Amileen Cruz can be reached at (703) 776-8370 , or via email at email@example.com.