The weekend is almost here. Before you dig into your summer reading list or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news in Fairfax County.
Here are the 10 most-read stories on FFXnow this week:
- Silver Line Phase 2 contractor eyes potential completion date
- One injured in Herndon shooting on Sunday
- UPDATED: Two women, man found dead barricaded inside apartment room in Fair Lakes, police say
- UPDATED: Two Oakton High students die after teen driver crashes into SUV, pedestrians and utility pole
- County seeks to acquire land for new road near Capital One site in Tysons
- Community rallies for fundraisers to help families of Oakton High students killed in crash
- Community center, skyparks planned for all-affordable housing high-rises in Tysons
- Campus Commons developer could give county $1.7M to fix dangerous pedestrian crossing at Wiehle Avenue
- Silver Line extension opening date pushed once again to summer 2022
- Big changes, building shuffle proposed for final piece of Herndon’s Arrowbrook Centre
Ideas for potential stories can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted as an anonymous tip. Photos of scenes from around the county are welcome too, with credit always given to the photographer.
Feel free to discuss these topics, your weekend plans, or anything else that’s happening locally in the comments below. Have a great weekend, Fairfax County!
The weekend is almost here. Before you try to process the end of the Roe v. Wade era or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past…
Neighbors are frustrated by a lack of safety improvements in recent years in Oakton’s Blake Lane corridor, where a driver struck three pedestrians, killing two, earlier this month. At a…
Fairfax County has a plan to fix the Balls Hill Road and Old Dominion Drive intersection, but it will likely take another half-decade for the changes to fall into place….
A new Chinese restaurant is opening soon at Lake Anne Plaza. Big Wonton, a Chinese restaurant that already has another delivery concept in Reston, will take up space at 14438…