Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or Laura@GuidingYourMove.com.
The Town of Vienna has a lot to offer throughout the summer in terms of entertainment and events. I want to highlight some if you’re looking for something new to do:
Big Screen on the Green
Each month, the town hosts an outdoor movie screening at 8:30 p.m. There’s free water and popcorn while supplies last. The movie is set up on the town green. Bring your own chairs, blanket, picnic etc.
Chillin’ on Church
Vienna’s version of a block party, held on Church Street and includes food, beer, wine and family friendly activities, which starts at 6:30 p.m.
- June 17: Big Bad JuJu
- July 15: Ocho De Bastos
- Aug 19: Deja Gruv Band
- Sept 16: Texas Chainsaw Horns
Kids on the Green
Free, interactive kids programs that last about 30-45 minutes on the patio behind the Freeman store. The programs are held on Tuesdays at 10 a.m.
- June 21: Anansegro of Ghana — African Drums, Songs, Stories & Games
- June 28: Lesole’s Dance Project — South African Dance
- *July 5: No event
- July 12: Prakriti Dance — Storytelling through Indian Dance
- July 19: Magpie — Rachel Carson Kids Music Show
- July 26: Professor Fizzwiffle — Magic Show
- Aug 2: Rainforest Live Animal Show from Ferrets and Friends
- Aug 9: Groovy Nate — Kids Music
- Aug 16: Beech Tree Puppets — presents ‘The Giant Turnip’
Summer on the Green Concert Series
Free summer concerts on select Fridays. Concerts begin at 6:30 p.m. and are about 90 minutes long. Bring your own chairs, blankets, etc.
- June 17: Chillin’ on Church featuring Big Bad JuJu — pop and rock
- June 24: Nowhere Men — Beatles covers
- *July 1: No Concert*
- July 8: Fat Chance — classic rock
- July 15: Chillin’ on Church featuring Ocho De Bastos — latin pop rock
- July 22: Children’s Theatre Performance: Something Different
- July 29: The Hot Lanes — big band jazz
- Aug. 5: Sarah Bennett Swanner Band — folk and country
- Aug. 12: TBA
- Aug. 19: Chillin’ on Church featuring Deja Gruv Band — R&B, funk and soul
- Aug. 16: Chillin’ on Church featuring Texas Chainsaw Horns — rock, jazz, pop
4th of July Celebrations
Don’t forget: The Town of Vienna has it’s own fireworks show! Held at Yeonas Park (where the little league fields are) on Friday, July 1 at 8 p.m. The event will have live music, games, food and drinks, and the fireworks start at dark. The United States Navy Concert Band will play before the 20 minute fireworks show. Bring blanks and lawn chairs, but remember chairs are not permitted on the baseball fields (there are bleachers and a paved path for chairs).
*Note: this event is loud if you have a sensory sensitive child.
The weekend is almost here. Before you try to process the end of the Roe v. Wade era or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past…
Neighbors are frustrated by a lack of safety improvements in recent years in Oakton’s Blake Lane corridor, where a driver struck three pedestrians, killing two, earlier this month. At a…
Fairfax County has a plan to fix the Balls Hill Road and Old Dominion Drive intersection, but it will likely take another half-decade for the changes to fall into place….
A new Chinese restaurant is opening soon at Lake Anne Plaza. Big Wonton, a Chinese restaurant that already has another delivery concept in Reston, will take up space at 14438…