A malfunctioning battery pack has been ruled as the cause of a townhouse fire in the Frying Pan area of Fairfax County.
Fire officials say that the fire, which happened on Saturday (June 18) around 9:30 a.m., started in the third-floor bedroom of the townhouse on the 13000 block of Rose Petal Circle. A charging lithium-ion battery pack was to blame.
“No occupants were home at the time of the fire,” the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department said in an update released yesterday (Wednesday). “The fire was discovered by neighbors who observed fire coming from the third-floor window. 9-1-1 was called. Smoke alarms were present and activated, according to witness statements.”
Two dogs were rescued from the home. No injuries were reported.
The fire displaced two residents and caused roughly $93,750 in damages. Red Cross services were offered and declined.
The weekend is almost here. Before you try to process the end of the Roe v. Wade era or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past…
Neighbors are frustrated by a lack of safety improvements in recent years in Oakton’s Blake Lane corridor, where a driver struck three pedestrians, killing two, earlier this month. At a…
Fairfax County has a plan to fix the Balls Hill Road and Old Dominion Drive intersection, but it will likely take another half-decade for the changes to fall into place….
A new Chinese restaurant is opening soon at Lake Anne Plaza. Big Wonton, a Chinese restaurant that already has another delivery concept in Reston, will take up space at 14438…