(Updated at 4:05 p.m.) This weekend through next week is set to be full of fireworks, parades and celebrations for the Fourth of July.
In D.C., the National Parade returns for the first time since 2019 after the Covid pandemic canceled the festivities in 2020 and 2021. Nearby, the City of Alexandria is holding its annual birthday celebration on Saturday, July 9, after it was canceled in 2020 due to COVID-19, and scaled back last year.
Throughout Fairfax County, there are also plenty of parades and fireworks if you don’t want to go too far. Here’s a roundup of things to do for the holiday.
Friday, July 1
- Vienna’s Independence Day Celebration and Fireworks at Yeonas Park (1319 Ross Drive SW), 7:30-10 p.m.
Saturday, July 2
- Park Authority fireworks display at Lake Fairfax (1400 Lake Fairfax Drive, Reston), dawn to 10 p.m.
- Fireworks at Workhouse Quad (9518 Workhouse Way, Lorton), 6-10:30 p.m.
- McLean Independence Day Celebration at Langley High School (6520 Georgetown Pike, McLean), 6:30-10:30 p.m.
Monday, July 4
- An American Celebration at historic Mount Vernon (3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Highway, Mount Vernon), 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
- City of Fairfax Independence Day Parade (4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax), 10 a.m.
- Hometown celebration with a parade at Great Falls Village Centre (754-C Walker Road, Great Falls), 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and
- Hometown celebration with entertainment and fireworks at Turner Farm (925 Springvale Road, Great Falls), 6 p.m.-9:30 p.m.
- Town of Herndon fireworks at Bready Park (814 Ferndale Ave, Herndon), 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, July 5
- City of Fairfax Independence Day Evening Show with fireworks at Fairfax High School’s front parking lot (3501 Lion Run, Fairfax), 6:30- 9:30 p.m. (Correction: Fairfax City’s fireworks show was erroneously listed under July 4.)
Good Wednesday evening! Today we published 7 articles that were read a total of 7128 times on FFXnow alone, so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles…
A newly awarded grant will help the Fairfax County Circuit Court preserve some historical records dating back to the 18th century, including one map that laid out the battlefield in…
Reston Association is charging up to potentially take part in Fairfax County pilot to get more homeowners’ associations (HOAs) on board with improving access to electric vehicle chargers. The pilot…
Fairfax County is no longer considering a proposal to allow more housing in Wolf Trap’s Crowells Corner neighborhood. The Site-Specific Plan Amendment (SSPA) submission has been withdrawn by its nominator, county…
Need help dealing with anxiety, depression or stress?
If you’re struggling to cope with anxiety, depression or stress, our virtual psychotherapy services can help. We offer a confidential and convenient service that’s tailored to your needs.
In our practice, cognitive behavioral therapy (or CBT) is an important tool we use to provide effective relief for those facing anxiety and depression. We believe that cognitive change can be used to improve behaviors and emotions, thus allowing you to achieve mental wellness. By understanding the cognitive distortions that lead to negative thought patterns, we are able to create interventions tailored to each of our clients. This empowering approach can help you gain control of how your own thoughts, beliefs, and behaviors impact your experience. With CBT, our service provides an effective treatment that can bring long-term change and mental stability.
Book a free consultation today and see how we can help you live a happier and healthier life.
Linjee Thai Restaurant Virginia Alcohol Beverage Control Publishing Notice.