(Updated at 4:05 p.m.) This weekend through next week is set to be full of fireworks, parades and celebrations for the Fourth of July.
In D.C., the National Parade returns for the first time since 2019 after the Covid pandemic canceled the festivities in 2020 and 2021. Nearby, the City of Alexandria is holding its annual birthday celebration on Saturday, July 9, after it was canceled in 2020 due to COVID-19, and scaled back last year.
Throughout Fairfax County, there are also plenty of parades and fireworks if you don’t want to go too far. Here’s a roundup of things to do for the holiday.
Friday, July 1
- Vienna’s Independence Day Celebration and Fireworks at Yeonas Park (1319 Ross Drive SW), 7:30-10 p.m.
Saturday, July 2
- Park Authority fireworks display at Lake Fairfax (1400 Lake Fairfax Drive, Reston), dawn to 10 p.m.
- Fireworks at Workhouse Quad (9518 Workhouse Way, Lorton), 6-10:30 p.m.
- McLean Independence Day Celebration at Langley High School (6520 Georgetown Pike, McLean), 6:30-10:30 p.m.
Monday, July 4
- An American Celebration at historic Mount Vernon (3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Highway, Mount Vernon), 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
- City of Fairfax Independence Day Parade (4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax), 10 a.m.
- Hometown celebration with a parade at Great Falls Village Centre (754-C Walker Road, Great Falls), 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and
- Hometown celebration with entertainment and fireworks at Turner Farm (925 Springvale Road, Great Falls), 6 p.m.-9:30 p.m.
- Town of Herndon fireworks at Bready Park (814 Ferndale Ave, Herndon), 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, July 5
- City of Fairfax Independence Day Evening Show with fireworks at Fairfax High School’s front parking lot (3501 Lion Run, Fairfax), 6:30- 9:30 p.m. (Correction: Fairfax City’s fireworks show was erroneously listed under July 4.)
A 5 BD/3.5 BA brick home with a stone gas fireplace and garden patio is included in Open Houses.
The weekend is almost here. Before the remnants of Hurricane Ian arrive or you head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news in Fairfax…
One of the oldest neighborhoods in southeastern Fairfax County is holding its birthday party this weekend, despite the likelihood of rain. Jefferson Manor near Groveton is celebrating its 75th birthday…
The general public’s last chance to weigh in on Fairfax County’s ongoing study of the bicycle and pedestrian network in the West Falls Church Metro station area will come later…
Are you tired of going to the gym? It might be the crowds, the locker room, waiting on equipment or the time it takes to commute to the gym.
Having a personal trainer come to your home will keep you accountable, save you time and allow you to workout in the comfort of your own home.
Skip the hassle of the gym and try our in-home personal training service.
Our services are reasonably priced, convenient, effective and are risk free.
Ending your marriage and living in the shadows of its pain is one thing, but when children (2 and 4 legged ones) are involved it’s not only about you. Divorce Mediation is the way to resolve the past and establish a solid, cooperative foundation to reorganize the relationship with your former partner. Everyone involved will benefit and you will gain peace-of-mind. Divorce Mediation is the cost effective way to negotiate your divorce and sign a Separation Agreement that is equitable and fair.
Walid Jawad will facilitate the divorce process in a calm and thoughtful manner to help you establish the foundation for your next phase in life. Walid’s 5-Star google reviews is a testament to his dedication to limiting divorcing couples’ stress during this intense transitional period.
Mediate your divorce virtually from the convenience of your kitchen table for $1,200 and save yourself the average Virginia cost of $15,000 per divorce and $22,000 with children. Make a complimentary appointment with Walid at Aether Mediation here: www.aethermediation.com
Join us on Saturday, October 15, 2022, from 1 pm to 3 pm where it all began in 2012 at the Hartke Building parking lot. We coalesced around a common vision, and purpose and have moved forward with unwavering community