Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or Laura@GuidingYourMove.com.
If you’ve been reading my Neighborhood Expert column for a while, you’ll see my passions include real estate, my kids and food.
We just returned from a week at the beach and I thought it would be fun to put together a list of our must-eat places along the east coast beaches. I remember the first time we went to Ocean City, Maryland with a 2 year old, we had Five Guys for dinner because I didn’t know where to go or what to eat and that was the easiest thing to do. But now that I have 8 years under my belt of staying in Ocean City and Rehoboth, my list of recommendations has grown a bit.
Hope there’s something for everyone on this list. As always, feel free to comment or email me to add anything I don’t know about yet!
- Barn 34: Benedict’s galore
- Bad Monkey: Get your sugar fix early — monkey bread, Nutella French toast
- Egg: Good mix of healthy and indulgence
- Blackwall Hitch: This could be brunch or lunch/dinner!
- Barn 34: The bacon wrapped dates appetizer is awesome
- Rosenfeld’s Jewish Deli: Incredible sandwiches, plus Jewish staples
- Barrio Taco: The plantains were amazing, huge tamale, and great empanadas
- On the Bay Seafood: We always do this to go because waiting for a table seems impossible some days, but the steamed shrimp is served with old bay and cocktail sauce, steamed crab, and crab cakes. If you want traditional creamy crab soup, skip their herbaceous version.
- Longboard Café: Wrinkly green beans are my favorite thing! So so good. Also great burgers and salads.
- Hooked: Fresh seafood and tons of delicious appetizers
- Ropewalk: This is great if you have a lot of kids to entertain because there’s a play area in the sand, but wouldn’t go if it’s adults looking for great food
- Grab and Go Taco: This is a great grab and go option as there’s standing room only, so no sit down option, but great food, “green crack sauce” is delicious, and bonus it’s next to Fisher’s Popcorn.
- Our Harvest: Really good food with vegan options!
- Salt Air: Make reservations! The food is amazing and they have a real kids menu (think kids steak or shrimp and grits).
- Nicola Pizza: Amazingly delicious simple salad, nic-o-boli (their version of a calzone), and pizza
- Thrasher’s Fries: If you know, you know
Today (Thursday) marks a decade of community service, youth leadership, political activism and civic engagement in Virginia by the Hamkae Center. Over the last 10 years, the local nonprofit has…
The Faith Baptist Church that has occupied 301 Center Street South in Vienna for about seven decades will officially be torn down. Faced with increasing maintenance costs, the Vienna Town…
Arrowbrook Centre, an anchoring mixed-use neighborhood near the Innovation Center Metro station, is moving one step forward to completion. Several pieces of the 54-acre development, which is bounded by the…
Annandale diners could soon see more outdoor seating at Izakaya Khan in Seoul Plaza (4231 Markham Street). To make room for year-round outdoor dining at the Japanese restaurant, the center…
Camps are just the beginning of what’s in store at Art House 7 this summer. We’re thrilled to offer an array of exciting classes for both kids and adults!Rediscover your creativity with some of our AH7 favorites, such as drawing, hand-sewing, modern embroidery, and our popular 3-week Jump into Crochet classes. But that’s not all! We’ve added some fresh and exciting options to our summer class selection, guaranteed to spark your imagination.
To enhance your artistic journey, we have intensified some of our Ceramics: The Wheel classes to a full 3-hour duration. This extended time allows for more creativity and skill development in each class session. If you’re eager for a captivating twist, give Contemporary Still-Life Drawing & Painting a go. Or why not try an immersive outdoor painting adventure? We have a unique opportunity for you to bring your painting skills to life while learning and creating in the great outdoors with our Landscape Painting: Studio and Plein Air class!
We invite you to visit our website and explore our full Summer Session schedule, brimming with a diverse range of classes and camps. Classes and camps begin June 20th. Unleash your inner artist, broaden your horizons, and embark on a summer adventure like no other. Let’s make this a summer to remember at Art House 7!
Potomac Harmony Chorus has a new director! We’re ready
to kick off the season with new music, a new approach, and YOU!
Potomac Harmony is one of 500 choruses in Sweet
Adelines International. We’re a vibrant,
contemporary, inclusive, welcoming, and open community of women singers who
perform four-part harmony, barbershop style, committed to a high level of
achievement through teaching, mentoring, personal growth, and performance. Our vision is to entertain, educate, and
enrich lives through musical expression while promoting the barbershop art
Potomac Harmony recently had our first performance
with our new director, receiving rave reviews! We invite you to stop by any Wednesday
evening and be part of the fun and harmony!
Army Birthday Festival – Free and Fun
Make Saturday, June 10, 2023 a great day!
Come celebrate the Army Birthday Festival at the National Museum of the U.S. Army from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Rain or Shine!
• Experience outdoor and indoor fun activities, for all
Unveiling of West Ford historical highway marker
Gum Springs will be celebrating 190 years of its founding by freedman West Ford on Saturday, June 17, 2023. To kick-off the celebration, there will be an unveiling of a Virginia historical highway marker for West Ford on Fordson Road