The weekend is almost here. Before you treat yourself to some ice cream or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news in Fairfax County.
Here are the 10 most-read stories on FFXnow this week:
- Longtime Edison HS basketball coach fired, sparking community concern
- Shipgarten, Tysons’ food and drink ‘theme park,’ set for grand opening this weekend
- JUST IN: Tens of thousands in Fairfax County lose power after storm
- Jeff Bezos’ space flight company Blue Origin has its Reston landing spot
- Driver chastised for speed pulls out gun, peeping ‘ghost’ in new Vienna police report
- Major Church Street development gets blessing of Vienna Town Council
- FCPD: Officers involved in McLean fatal shooting had crisis training
- Lake Audubon residents protest order to remove boats off shoreline
- Covid cases plateau in Fairfax County, as new subvariant takes over U.S.
- Longtime Vienna barber shop to close for good after August
Ideas for potential stories can be sent to email@example.com or submitted as an anonymous tip. Photos of scenes from around the county are welcome too, with credit always given to the photographer.
Feel free to discuss these topics, your weekend plans, or anything else that’s happening locally in the comments below. Have a great weekend, Fairfax County!
Good Friday evening! Today we published 7 articles that were read a total of 7366 times on FFXnow alone, so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles…
A dog was chained up and shot this morning in the residential neighborhood behind the Woodlawn Shopping Center in Mount Vernon, police say. Officers responded to the area of Bedford…
The Rotary Club of McLean will peer back into the colonial era this weekend for its 11th annual chocolate festival. Set to return this Sunday (Jan. 29), the McLean Chocolate…
The Herndon Festival will return this year in the summer, bringing back a tradition that was scaled back to a carnival last year. The festival is set to take place…
Linjee Thai Restaurant Virginia Alcohol Beverage Control Publishing Notice.
Hi, my name is Moneim Z., and I am a blind male with chronic kidney disease, who needs a living kidney donor for a transplant. My blood type is B+, and I can accept a kidney from individuals who have blood types B and O.
To read my story, please see the attached letter.
To contact me directly, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 571-428-5065. My living donor coordinator at INOVA Hospital, Amileen Cruz can be reached at (703) 776-8370 , or via email at email@example.com.