The weekend is almost here. Before you cool off at the nearest swimming pool or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news in Fairfax County.
Here are the 10 most-read stories on FFXnow this week:
- Proposal to convert Vienna bank into modern diner gets key approval
- Fannie Mae campus redevelopment in Reston approved despite access concerns
- Proposed Inova office repurposing would add housing, park space in Merrifield
- Most expensive Fairfax County homes sold in July
- Planning commission OKs Inova’s plan for new Franconia hospital
- Tysons East affordable housing project lands $33M in public funds
- Metro contemplates October opening for Silver Line Phase 2
- Reston’s Vantage Hill redevelopment moves forward on expedited timeline
- JUST IN: Man arrested for exposure incidents in Tysons West, police say
- Circuitous Reston pedestrian refuge redesigned after community pressure
Ideas for potential stories can be sent to email@example.com or submitted as an anonymous tip. Photos of scenes from around the county are welcome too, with credit always given to the photographer.
Feel free to discuss these topics, your weekend plans, or anything else that’s happening locally in the comments below. Have a great weekend, Fairfax County!
A special education teacher at Marshall High School in Idylwood has been arrested for allegedly assaulting a student more than once, Fairfax County police announced Friday night (Dec. 2). Two…
I-66 HOV Change Starts Today — “The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) reminds travelers that starting Monday, Dec. 5, vehicles will need three or more occupants to qualify as a…
Good Friday evening! Today we published 7 articles that were read a total of 11171 times on FFXnow alone, so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles…
Upgraded lighting is no longer a component of upgrades to the Barton Hill tennis courts in Reston. Reston Association will not challenge the Oct. 26 vote by the Fairfax County…
If you’re looking for a mental health professional in Virginia, Washington D.C., or Maryland, we can help.
We provide a confidential and convenient way to get the help you need from the comfort of your own home.
We offer a free 15-minute consultation to see if our services fit your needs.
The services we offer are:
Art House 7 is a small art studio in Arlington – offering instruction in painting, ceramics, sewing and more. We are looking for kind, dedicated people who love both creating and teaching.
Ceramic Teachers are needed to teach wheel-throwing to adults and 6-12th graders and to teach hand building to elementary grades. Classes have 3-8 students.
Drawing teachers are needed to teach either kids or adults. For kids, we offer cartooning, manga or traditional drawing. For adults, we only offer traditional drawing.
Painting teachers are needed to teach either kids or adults. We offer oil, acrylic or watercolor for adults or teens. All elementary classes use acrylic and tempera.
Join the chorus this holiday season with The Reston Chorale’s annual MESSIAH Sing-Along, 7:30 pm at St. John Neumann Catholic Church (Chapel), 11900 Lawyers Road, Reston, VA. Featuring Guest Soloists Grace Srinivasen, soprano; Melissa Cregger, mezzo soprano; Joseph Regan, tenor,