The weekend is almost here. Before you live up the last days of summer before school returns or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news in Fairfax County.
Here are the 10 most-read stories on FFXnow this week:
- Fairfax County volunteer’s petition urging Home Depot to stop sales of invasive plants takes root
- Personnel emergency declared as FCPD tackles staffing challenges
- Pizza restaurant brings new ‘scratch kitchen’ to Herndon’s Aslin Beer Co.
- Expanded W&OD Trail, Occoquan adventure center and more planned for Fairfax County
- New future thawing for former Ice House Cafe in Herndon
- UPDATED: Man shot in Huntington, prompting police search
- Tysons Galleria’s upcoming dine-in movie theater has a premiere date
- Man killed in head-on motorcycle crash west of Burke Lake
- Appeals court sides with transgender woman in lawsuit over treatment at Fairfax County jail
- Capital One Hall revives ‘Broadway in Tysons’ for new season
Ideas for potential stories can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted as an anonymous tip. Photos of scenes from around the county are welcome too, with credit always given to the photographer.
Feel free to discuss these topics, your weekend plans, or anything else that’s happening locally in the comments below. Have a great weekend, Fairfax County!
Good Friday evening! Today we published 7 articles that were read a total of 7366 times on FFXnow alone, so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles…
A dog was chained up and shot this morning in the residential neighborhood behind the Woodlawn Shopping Center in Mount Vernon, police say. Officers responded to the area of Bedford…
The Rotary Club of McLean will peer back into the colonial era this weekend for its 11th annual chocolate festival. Set to return this Sunday (Jan. 29), the McLean Chocolate…
The Herndon Festival will return this year in the summer, bringing back a tradition that was scaled back to a carnival last year. The festival is set to take place…
Linjee Thai Restaurant Virginia Alcohol Beverage Control Publishing Notice.
Hi, my name is Moneim Z., and I am a blind male with chronic kidney disease, who needs a living kidney donor for a transplant. My blood type is B+, and I can accept a kidney from individuals who have blood types B and O.
To read my story, please see the attached letter.
To contact me directly, please email me at email@example.com or call at 571-428-5065. My living donor coordinator at INOVA Hospital, Amileen Cruz can be reached at (703) 776-8370 , or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.