Labor Day weekend is almost here. Before you soak in the last summer rays before leaf-gathering season arrives or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news in Fairfax County.
Here are the 10 most-read stories on FFXnow this week:
- Trash troubles persist in Fairfax County, with residents reporting missed pick-ups
- Vienna Police cite pickleball players for making racket at Glyndon Park
- Naked man accosts woman on W&OD Trail in Reston, may be involved in other exposure incidents
- New space center in Reston to take off at local public viewing of NASA’s historic moon mission
- FCPD seeks help identifying suspect in attempted abduction, assaults on W&OD Trail
- Reconstruction of Baron Cameron Avenue intersection underway
- UPDATED: Bystander helped detain suspect in Hybla Valley fatal shooting
- Fairfax County Public Library board sticks by materials selection policy
- Fairfax medical cannabis dispensary will open this week near GMU
- Fairfax Wawa will open its doors this week, bringing free coffee for all
Ideas for potential stories can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted as an anonymous tip. Photos of scenes from around the county are welcome too, with credit always given to the photographer.
Feel free to discuss these topics, your weekend plans, or anything else that’s happening locally in the comments below. Have a great weekend, Fairfax County!
This past week saw 145 homes sold in Fairfax County. The least expensive condo, single-family home or townhouse sale over the past seven days was $152,500 while the most expensive…
The Fairfax Board of Supervisors recently got a preview of what future transit connections between Tysons and Maryland could look like. At a transportation committee meeting on Tuesday (Jan. 31),…
Getting court time at Glyndon Park in Vienna may be tougher going forward for pickleball players. In the hopes of alleviating noise complaints from nearby residents, the Vienna Town Council…
A new exhibit featuring intricate embroidery on leaves is set to open soon at Tephra Institute of Contemporary Art‘s satellite gallery in Reston Town Center. Artist Hillary Waters Fayle’s work,…
Need help dealing with anxiety, depression or stress?
If you’re struggling to cope with anxiety, depression or stress, our virtual psychotherapy services can help. We offer a confidential and convenient service that’s tailored to your needs.
In our practice, cognitive behavioral therapy (or CBT) is an important tool we use to provide effective relief for those facing anxiety and depression. We believe that cognitive change can be used to improve behaviors and emotions, thus allowing you to achieve mental wellness. By understanding the cognitive distortions that lead to negative thought patterns, we are able to create interventions tailored to each of our clients. This empowering approach can help you gain control of how your own thoughts, beliefs, and behaviors impact your experience. With CBT, our service provides an effective treatment that can bring long-term change and mental stability.
Book a free consultation today and see how we can help you live a happier and healthier life.
Linjee Thai Restaurant Virginia Alcohol Beverage Control Publishing Notice.