Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or Laura@GuidingYourMove.com.
I would really love for these 85 degree humid days to subside already!
I’m so happy football has started, now I’m ready for sweatshirts, fire pits and more fall things, including apple picking! Make sure you’re checking their social media and/or websites to verify when they’re open.
Some orchards/farms close down if it’s raining, or if they’ve been over picked to allow more fruit to ripen. Many will also have fall festivals if you check websites to make a whole day of it.
- Marker-Miller Orchards: Apple picking plus lots of options to purchase in their farm market.
- Homestead Farm: Apples and pumpkins during the end of September.
- Hartland Farm and Orchard: Apples and pumpkins.
- Crooked Run Orchard: Apples and pears. Check their Facebook page for updates and hours.
- Stribling Orchard: Apples and pumpkins.
- Mackintosh Fruit Farm: Apples, Asian pears, yellow peaches, cucumbers, peppers, eggplants, tomatoes and flowers.
- Rock Hill Orchard: Ice Cream, apples (require reservations), peaches and flowers.
- Hollin Farms: Apples, some veggies, dig your own potatoes.
- Valley View Farm: Apples, pears and pumpkins (October), they also have an extensive Locavore Farm Market with a lot of products to try.
- Great Country Farms: Apples, corn maze, farm play area, jumping pillow and more attractions. You can buy tickets to their Apple Fest until September 30. Starting on September 17 you can also pick your own pumpkin. BONUS: This is across from Dirt Farm Breweryand Bluemont Vineyard, so if you’re looking for an adult treat after the kids play, just cross the street!
Two people have died, and two more have been hospitalized in an apparent shooting and stabbing at the Tysons View Apartments in Idylwood. A 20-year-old man had been reported shot…
Good Friday evening! Today we published 6 articles that were read a total of 10172 times on FFXnow alone, so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles…
The Faraday Park neighborhood has officially welcomed another tenant: Eve’s Garden Lounge and Bar. The Asian fusion restaurant celebrated its soft opening on Friday, May 12 at 11207 Reston Station…
(Updated at 4:25 p.m.) A rock fight disrupted a warm Saturday afternoon for two Vienna households last week, though who exactly was throwing the rocks is a matter of some…
Are you seeking a confidential space where you can explore your emotions, overcome challenges, and find inner peace? Look no further than our dedicated psychotherapy service! We understand that life can be overwhelming at times, and we’re here to support you every step of the way.
At Peaceful Mind Solutions, our passion lies in helping individuals like you navigate life’s complexities and find the strength to thrive. Our skilled and compassionate therapist is committed to creating a warm, non-judgmental environment where you can express your thoughts and feelings openly. With our personalized approach, we tailor each session to address your unique needs and empower you to overcome obstacles.
Through evidence-based techniques and a deep understanding of the human mind, our therapist will guide you on a transformative journey of self-discovery. Whether you’re dealing with anxiety, depression, relationship issues, or simply seeking personal growth, we’re here to provide guidance and practical tools for lasting change.
VHC Health hosted its annual Trauma Survivors Day, honoring four former trauma patients and their care team on Tuesday, May 16. For many of these patient honorees, this event was the first time they were reunited with the team of healthcare professionals who cared for them after their injury. Both the healthcare team and the honorees expressed gratitude for the opportunity to thank, hug, and simply see one another again after their experience in the Trauma Center.
In May of 2021, the Commonwealth of Virginia designated VHC Health as a Level II Trauma Center. This designation filled a critical community need; previously, the closest trauma center for Arlington County was in Fairfax or Washington, DC. Since becoming a Level II Trauma Center, VHC Health has provided care for nearly 2,000 trauma patients each year.
Charity Live Music Concert
Ukrainian Charity fundraiser concert at South County High School on June 13, 2023.
All proceeds will go toward Ukrainian funds “Mriya Charity” and “Dai Lapu Drug”, that help kids and animals affected by war.
The concert will include performances by
Active Bystander: TECC Training
For any incident, like the Las Vegas massacre to the Boston Marathon bombings, citizens play a role in saving lives in the minutes following an attack. It is imperative that we provide the knowledge and skills necessary to help our