Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or Laura@GuidingYourMove.com.
I would really love for these 85 degree humid days to subside already!
I’m so happy football has started, now I’m ready for sweatshirts, fire pits and more fall things, including apple picking! Make sure you’re checking their social media and/or websites to verify when they’re open.
Some orchards/farms close down if it’s raining, or if they’ve been over picked to allow more fruit to ripen. Many will also have fall festivals if you check websites to make a whole day of it.
- Marker-Miller Orchards: Apple picking plus lots of options to purchase in their farm market.
- Homestead Farm: Apples and pumpkins during the end of September.
- Hartland Farm and Orchard: Apples and pumpkins.
- Crooked Run Orchard: Apples and pears. Check their Facebook page for updates and hours.
- Stribling Orchard: Apples and pumpkins.
- Mackintosh Fruit Farm: Apples, Asian pears, yellow peaches, cucumbers, peppers, eggplants, tomatoes and flowers.
- Rock Hill Orchard: Ice Cream, apples (require reservations), peaches and flowers.
- Hollin Farms: Apples, some veggies, dig your own potatoes.
- Valley View Farm: Apples, pears and pumpkins (October), they also have an extensive Locavore Farm Market with a lot of products to try.
- Great Country Farms: Apples, corn maze, farm play area, jumping pillow and more attractions. You can buy tickets to their Apple Fest until September 30. Starting on September 17 you can also pick your own pumpkin. BONUS: This is across from Dirt Farm Breweryand Bluemont Vineyard, so if you’re looking for an adult treat after the kids play, just cross the street!
The weekend is almost here. Before you double check your Congressional district or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news in Fairfax County….
McLean High School teacher Jeffrey Brocketti can’t wait to tell everyone what he discussed with host Pat Sajak during a “Wheel of Fortune” commercial break. He will soon be allowed…
A DogFest is coming to Reston Town Square Park tomorrow (Saturday). The event, slated to take place from 11 a.m to 3 p.m. at 11900 Market Street, will benefit Canine…
(Updated at 6:15 p.m.) — Bailey’s Crossroads, including Route 7 and Crossroads Place, has reopened and shelter-in-place orders have been lifted after reported gunshots prompted a massive police response to…
Are you tired of going to the gym? It might be the crowds, the locker room, waiting on equipment or the time it takes to commute to the gym.
Having a personal trainer come to your home will keep you accountable, save you time and allow you to workout in the comfort of your own home.
Skip the hassle of the gym and try our in-home personal training service.
Our services are reasonably priced, convenient, effective and are risk free.
Ending your marriage and living in the shadows of its pain is one thing, but when children (2 and 4 legged ones) are involved it’s not only about you. Divorce Mediation is the way to resolve the past and establish a solid, cooperative foundation to reorganize the relationship with your former partner. Everyone involved will benefit and you will gain peace-of-mind. Divorce Mediation is the cost effective way to negotiate your divorce and sign a Separation Agreement that is equitable and fair.
Walid Jawad will facilitate the divorce process in a calm and thoughtful manner to help you establish the foundation for your next phase in life. Walid’s 5-Star google reviews is a testament to his dedication to limiting divorcing couples’ stress during this intense transitional period.
Mediate your divorce virtually from the convenience of your kitchen table for $1,200 and save yourself the average Virginia cost of $15,000 per divorce and $22,000 with children. Make a complimentary appointment with Walid at Aether Mediation here: www.aethermediation.com
The Ravel Dance Company will present this holiday tradition for the 2nd year at the gorgeous Capital One Hall main stage. It is a wonderful way to start the holiday season. Follow Clara through her journey to the Pine forest,