Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or Laura@GuidingYourMove.com.
My kids were up before the sun in anticipation of their inevitable sugar rush tonight so cheers to that. I was reminded last night just how small town Vienna really feels when we took my kids to do the Halloween things our community creates. I want to make sure everyone who wants to see or know about these things, gets the opportunity.
So here are my final tips for Halloween:
- The kind souls who own 305 Patrick Street SW, Vienna have created a Haunted House in their driveway. Basically they built a hallway you walk through. If you want to be scared, you’ll get it. If you don’t, just tell the kind woman and she’ll leave the lights on so you don’t get scared. Super kid friendly. Open from 6-9 p.m.
- The Ni Family Lights (the famous house for the holiday music light show) also create one for Halloween but don’t advertise it. That runs until 9:30 p.m. tonight. Tune your radio to 90.3 to hear the music.
Now, not to be a downer, but I just recently threw away the remains of my kids candy stash from last year. Thank goodness we didn’t get ants! If you’re looking to get some of the candy out of your house this week, consider one of these options:
- Dr Ghaffari (Ghaffari Orthodontics on Church Street) has a candy buy back program. They’ll pay you $1 for each pound of candy and mail it to the troops.
- Drop off your treats for the troops to a donation center: Valo Park, 7950 Jones Branch Drive from 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. until Wednesday, November 2.
- Operation Shoebox: mail your candy donations to this organization and they’ll create care packages for troops overseas. (8360 East Highway 25, Belleview, FL 34420)
An individual was hospitalized after a reported shooting in a Mount Vernon apartment community this afternoon. Officers were investigating the shooting in the 8500 block of Hyman Way starting around…
(Updated at 4:35 p.m.) A Fairfax County Public Schools instructional assistant has been arrested after allegedly stealing thousands of dollars worth of cash and goods from a Target in Chantilly….
A massive array of solar panels could provide cover for the office building that developer Rushmark Properties and the construction company HITT Contracting are planning to build at Virginia Tech’s…
A nearly 9-acre property near Lake Fairfax Park in Reston could be the sight of future infill residential development. SEM Fairfax Land Associates is seeking Fairfax County’s blessing to build…
Art House 7 is a small art studio in Arlington – offering instruction in painting, ceramics, sewing and more. We are looking for kind, dedicated people who love both creating and teaching.
Ceramic Teachers are needed to teach wheel-throwing to adults and 6-12th graders and to teach hand building to elementary grades. Classes have 3-8 students.
Drawing teachers are needed to teach either kids or adults. For kids, we offer cartooning, manga or traditional drawing. For adults, we only offer traditional drawing.
Painting teachers are needed to teach either kids or adults. We offer oil, acrylic or watercolor for adults or teens. All elementary classes use acrylic and tempera.
High School Senior Anxious about College Life? Our amazing graduate interns, Meghan Damminger and Kelly Charwat are starting an affordable College Readiness group in early 2023. Working out day and time. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a free consultation after the Thanksgiving holiday. And yes, Meghan and Kelly have a few openings for individual clients as well. Their rate is $45 per session. [www.sarahmoorelpc.com](http://www.sarahmoorelpc.com/?fbclid=IwAR3ZlfQnSLVRCc78HbTZutDYZErTctC_5pl- zt4eo_wjQo1gF6uHS–k32g).
The Capitol Bones Christmas Brass Spectacular will take place Monday 19 December at The Carlyle Room in Washington DC at 7:00pm. Tickets are now available at INSANTSEATS.
Dinner seatings are at 6:00,6:30 and 7:00pm. This year we will expand the