Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or Laura@GuidingYourMove.com.
My kids were up before the sun in anticipation of their inevitable sugar rush tonight so cheers to that. I was reminded last night just how small town Vienna really feels when we took my kids to do the Halloween things our community creates. I want to make sure everyone who wants to see or know about these things, gets the opportunity.
So here are my final tips for Halloween:
- The kind souls who own 305 Patrick Street SW, Vienna have created a Haunted House in their driveway. Basically they built a hallway you walk through. If you want to be scared, you’ll get it. If you don’t, just tell the kind woman and she’ll leave the lights on so you don’t get scared. Super kid friendly. Open from 6-9 p.m.
- The Ni Family Lights (the famous house for the holiday music light show) also create one for Halloween but don’t advertise it. That runs until 9:30 p.m. tonight. Tune your radio to 90.3 to hear the music.
Now, not to be a downer, but I just recently threw away the remains of my kids candy stash from last year. Thank goodness we didn’t get ants! If you’re looking to get some of the candy out of your house this week, consider one of these options:
- Dr Ghaffari (Ghaffari Orthodontics on Church Street) has a candy buy back program. They’ll pay you $1 for each pound of candy and mail it to the troops.
- Drop off your treats for the troops to a donation center: Valo Park, 7950 Jones Branch Drive from 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. until Wednesday, November 2.
- Operation Shoebox: mail your candy donations to this organization and they’ll create care packages for troops overseas. (8360 East Highway 25, Belleview, FL 34420)
Good Friday evening! Today we published 7 articles that were read a total of 24842 times on FFXnow alone, so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles…
Police are still looking for a driver who fired multiple gunshots at other vehicles on the Capital Beltway (I-495) in the Annandale area on Sunday (March 19). The shooting was…
The sun will shine into the night this Saturday (March 25), as the McLean Community Center hosts its first-ever Fiesta del Sol. The inaugural celebration of Latin American and Caribbean…
A day after neighboring Arlington County made waves by ending single-family exclusive zoning, Fairfax County saw its own zoning reforms reversed two years after they were approved. The Virginia Supreme…
Synetic Theater Camps are a wildly fun, highly accessible choice for young people who love moving, playing games, and making memories. Registration is open now for Summer Camps (sessions June 20-August 25) and there are even a few spots left for Spring Break camp, April 3-7.
Located in National Landing, these performance-based camps are designed for students of all ages – no theater or performance experience required.
Led by professional teaching artists, campers learn acting, movement, and technical theater skills through the lens of Physical Theater. Physical Theater incorporates acting, movement, dance, mime, and acrobatics. If you’ve seen a Cirque du Soleil performance, you’ll find many similarities.
EDBS Dental Billing Solutions is pleased to announce that it has achieved compliance with the federally mandated standards of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) through the use of Compliancy Group’s proprietary HIPAA methodology, The Guard® compliance tracking software, and HIPAA Seal of Compliance®.
The HIPAA Seal of Compliance is issued to organizations that have implemented an effective HIPAA compliance program through the use of The Guard, Compliancy Group’s proprietary compliance tracking solution.
Clients and patients are becoming more aware of the requirements of HIPAA compliance and how the regulation protects their personal information. Forward-thinking providers like EDBS Dental Billing Solutions choose the HIPAA Seal of Compliance to differentiate their services.
McLean Volunteer Fire Department-Inova Blood Drive
MVFD has teamed up with Inova Blood Donor Services for a blood drive on Friday, March 31, in our lower parking lot at 1455 Laughlin Avenue. The blood drive will run from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 pm. Please consider making
Van Metre 5K Run
Calling all serious runners, occasional joggers, and weekend walkers of all levels! Participate in the 31st Annual Van Metre 5K Run supporting Children’s National Hospital–the event that goes a long way!
Date: Saturday, April 29, 2023