Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or Laura@GuidingYourMove.com.
I’ve been getting so much positive feedback lately from people who read this column and I just want to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who reads this!
It’s nice to know I’m not talking to myself, but also, please please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or ideas for content. I’m always open to suggestions!
If you’ve been around a while, maybe you’re looking for something new to do that’s not the usual jumping place, bowling alley, or movie theater. I went on the hunt for something new to me, that might be new to you too. Here’s what I found:
- George Mason University Center for the Arts: Discounted tickets to family friendly performances and a family series of shows. If you’ve got sports crazed kids like I do, the acrobats in high heels with football pads seems right up my alley! They also have a “Harold and the Purple Crayon” performance!
- Go to a Mason Athletics event for cheap! Both mens and women’s basketball starts this week. FYI for all the Cub/Girl Scout leaders, they have a “Scout Day” with discounted tickets.
- All Fairfax County libraries have “take and make” activity kits. They’re all different too.
- Join the Winter Reading Challenge and get a guest pass for several rec centers including Oak Marr and Spring Hill, or a free bucket of golf balls at Oak Marr (and several others).
- Check out the Partakes Calendar for events and classes to sign up for. They have so many options to explore your hobbies!
- Explore a show at the Kennedy Center. They do a family series if you want to make it a family affair. I hear Bluey is making his way to the stage around Thanksgiving this year.
Again, if you have other events to share, please leave a note in the comments or email me Laura@GuidingYourMove.com and I’ll be happy to add it!
Good Friday evening! Today we published 7 articles that were read a total of 11171 times on FFXnow alone, so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles…
Upgraded lighting is no longer a component of upgrades to the Barton Hill tennis courts in Reston. Reston Association will not challenge the Oct. 26 vote by the Fairfax County…
Thousands of lanterns will take over Lerner Town Square at Tysons II this winter. Based in New York City, the Winter Lantern Festival will bring over 10,000 Chinese-style lanterns to…
Open Houses includes a 5 BD/3.5 BA renovated home with a two car garage, fireplace and fenced backyard.
If you’re looking for a mental health professional in Virginia, Washington D.C., or Maryland, we can help.
We provide a confidential and convenient way to get the help you need from the comfort of your own home.
We offer a free 15-minute consultation to see if our services fit your needs.
The services we offer are:
Art House 7 is a small art studio in Arlington – offering instruction in painting, ceramics, sewing and more. We are looking for kind, dedicated people who love both creating and teaching.
Ceramic Teachers are needed to teach wheel-throwing to adults and 6-12th graders and to teach hand building to elementary grades. Classes have 3-8 students.
Drawing teachers are needed to teach either kids or adults. For kids, we offer cartooning, manga or traditional drawing. For adults, we only offer traditional drawing.
Painting teachers are needed to teach either kids or adults. We offer oil, acrylic or watercolor for adults or teens. All elementary classes use acrylic and tempera.
The Reston Chorale presents The Wonder of the Season, featuring Jody Marshall on hammered dulcimer. It’s a musical holiday treat for the entire family! Two performances at 4 and 7:30 pm, Reston Community Center/Hunters Woods, 2310 Colts Neck Road. A