Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or Laura@GuidingYourMove.com.
There are lots of traditions around Vienna that you should know about if you’re new to town or maybe just looking to branch out after the last few years. Many of these events are really cute with little kids and I remember them fondly when my boys were smaller. They age out quickly of the little kid stuff, so buy tickets early!
- James Madison Band: 2022 Tiny Tots Concerts — Three different shows, fun songs, characters and traditionally there’s a “snow” dump at the end so if you sit in front be prepared to be dumped on (it’s not wet!) but if you have a kid who doesn’t like to be dirty, maybe sit more in the middle of the room.
- This Sunday, November 20 is the Vienna Turkey Trot — Fun run, 5k or 10k
- Meadowlark Winter Walk of Lights — Open now! About a 1 mile walk with light displays and ends with a fire pit and s’mores, cider, hot chocolate, etc.
- Vienna Church Street Stroll — Next Monday at 6 p.m. If you’re looking for something a little bigger, these were also a fun one-time event for me (some of them are far or they’re pricey, so it’s not worth it for me to make these a tradition but it was fun one time).
- Enchant at Nationals Park
- Christmas Village at Leesburg Animal Park — 2022 tickets aren’t up yet as of November 14
- Zoo Lights at the National Zoo in D.C.
- Harry Potter: A Forbidden Forest Experience in Leesburg — Now to January 29
- Bull Run Festival of Lights — Now open, 2.5 mile drive through light displays
- Wolftrap Sing Along — Free, December 3 at 4 p.m.
- VRE Santa Train Ride — Tickets go on sale on November 28 for the event on December 10
- Merry Mosaic — Many events from November to December, which includes both Santa visits and Menorah Lighting for Hanukkah
- The Nutcracker at Capital One Hall — Sunday, December 11
In the year 2030, travelers on The One — the dedicated bus service planned for the Richmond Highway (Route 1) corridor — will be able to wait for their next…
Local organizations are exploring the possibility of creating a new icon for Reston. The icon would serve as a local, visible symbol that would be memorialized in sculptures across the…
Less than two years after overhauling its plan for the West Falls Church Metro station area in Idylwood to allow more development, Fairfax County needs to make a relatively limited…
Professional development right in Tysons Corner Effective leaders — across all disciplines and levels — are crucial to the success of any organization and it is mission critical to invest…
Synetic Theater Camps are a wildly fun, highly accessible choice for young people who love moving, playing games, and making memories. Registration is open now for Summer Camps (sessions June 20-August 25) and there are even a few spots left for Spring Break camp, April 3-7.
Located in National Landing, these performance-based camps are designed for students of all ages – no theater or performance experience required.
Led by professional teaching artists, campers learn acting, movement, and technical theater skills through the lens of Physical Theater. Physical Theater incorporates acting, movement, dance, mime, and acrobatics. If you’ve seen a Cirque du Soleil performance, you’ll find many similarities.
EDBS Dental Billing Solutions is pleased to announce that it has achieved compliance with the federally mandated standards of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) through the use of Compliancy Group’s proprietary HIPAA methodology, The Guard® compliance tracking software, and HIPAA Seal of Compliance®.
The HIPAA Seal of Compliance is issued to organizations that have implemented an effective HIPAA compliance program through the use of The Guard, Compliancy Group’s proprietary compliance tracking solution.
Clients and patients are becoming more aware of the requirements of HIPAA compliance and how the regulation protects their personal information. Forward-thinking providers like EDBS Dental Billing Solutions choose the HIPAA Seal of Compliance to differentiate their services.
McLean Volunteer Fire Department-Inova Blood Drive
MVFD has teamed up with Inova Blood Donor Services for a blood drive on Friday, March 31, in our lower parking lot at 1455 Laughlin Avenue. The blood drive will run from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 pm. Please consider making
Van Metre 5K Run
Calling all serious runners, occasional joggers, and weekend walkers of all levels! Participate in the 31st Annual Van Metre 5K Run supporting Children’s National Hospital–the event that goes a long way!
Date: Saturday, April 29, 2023