Good Friday evening! Today we published 8 articles that were read a total of 3780 times on FFXnow alone, so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today (Dec 9, 2022)…
- FCPD motor officer thrown from bike, seriously injured in collision near GMU
- Morning Notes
- Fairfax County board approves redevelopment of Vantage Hill condominiums
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read Arlington articles of the week, below.
- Person killed in two-vehicle crash on Prosperity Avenue (8319 views)
- Developers seek to expand Mosaic District’s vibes to more of Merrifield (3060 views)
- Dog fatally shot by Fairfax County SWAT team during raid in Herndon (2116 views)
- New hotel at Springfield Town Center moves forward despite delay of park (1584 views)
- FCPD: Marshall HS special education teacher arrested for alleged assaults on student (1562 views)
- BREAKING: Police search for driver who killed I-66 construction worker in Oakton (1440 views)
- Greek restaurant Knossos opens in Herndon, with grand opening ahead (1384 views)
- Flats at Tysons condo plan poised for approval despite staff objections (1296 views)
- Speed cameras are coming to Fairfax County school and work zones next year (1239 views)
- Circa and Él Bebe are finally opening today at The Boro in Tysons (1207 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Fairfax County, from our event calendar.
- 10:00 am: McLean HS Highlander Holiday Bazaar
- 11:30 am: Reston Town Center Holiday Performances
- 12:00 pm: Winter Market
- 12:00 pm: SASSY SATURDAYS DRAG BRUNCH
- 12:00 pm: Herndon WinterMarkt
- 1:00 pm: Second Saturdays
And here are the events planned for Sunday:
- 11:00 am: South Lakes High School Winter Market
- 11:30 am: Reston Town Center Holiday Performances
- 👉 2:00 pm: Ravel Dance Company presents the Nutcracker Ballet
- 7:00 pm: Advent Cookie Concert
⛅ Saturday’s forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day. High of 45 and low of 39. Sunrise at 7:18 am and sunset at 4:48 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Annandale diners could soon see more outdoor seating at Izakaya Khan in Seoul Plaza (4231 Markham Street). To make room for year-round outdoor dining at the Japanese restaurant, the center…
An Arlington-based ice cream shop that brings together flavors from around the world is planting its flag in the Mosaic District to further an ambitious expansion plan. Mimi’s Handmade will…
There’s less than a week left until Barnes & Noble will officially open its doors in The Spectrum at Reston Town Center. Filling a space vacated by Office Depot in…
(Updated at 10:30 a.m.) It’s another day of poor air quality for Fairfax County and the rest of the D.C. area. As wildfires continue to burn in Canada, the resulting…
Camps are just the beginning of what’s in store at Art House 7 this summer. We’re thrilled to offer an array of exciting classes for both kids and adults!Rediscover your creativity with some of our AH7 favorites, such as drawing, hand-sewing, modern embroidery, and our popular 3-week Jump into Crochet classes. But that’s not all! We’ve added some fresh and exciting options to our summer class selection, guaranteed to spark your imagination.
To enhance your artistic journey, we have intensified some of our Ceramics: The Wheel classes to a full 3-hour duration. This extended time allows for more creativity and skill development in each class session. If you’re eager for a captivating twist, give Contemporary Still-Life Drawing & Painting a go. Or why not try an immersive outdoor painting adventure? We have a unique opportunity for you to bring your painting skills to life while learning and creating in the great outdoors with our Landscape Painting: Studio and Plein Air class!
We invite you to visit our website and explore our full Summer Session schedule, brimming with a diverse range of classes and camps. Classes and camps begin June 20th. Unleash your inner artist, broaden your horizons, and embark on a summer adventure like no other. Let’s make this a summer to remember at Art House 7!
Potomac Harmony Chorus has a new director! We’re ready
to kick off the season with new music, a new approach, and YOU!
Potomac Harmony is one of 500 choruses in Sweet
Adelines International. We’re a vibrant,
contemporary, inclusive, welcoming, and open community of women singers who
perform four-part harmony, barbershop style, committed to a high level of
achievement through teaching, mentoring, personal growth, and performance. Our vision is to entertain, educate, and
enrich lives through musical expression while promoting the barbershop art
Potomac Harmony recently had our first performance
with our new director, receiving rave reviews! We invite you to stop by any Wednesday
evening and be part of the fun and harmony!
Army Birthday Festival – Free and Fun
Make Saturday, June 10, 2023 a great day!
Come celebrate the Army Birthday Festival at the National Museum of the U.S. Army from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Rain or Shine!
• Experience outdoor and indoor fun activities, for all
Unveiling of West Ford historical highway marker
Gum Springs will be celebrating 190 years of its founding by freedman West Ford on Saturday, June 17, 2023. To kick-off the celebration, there will be an unveiling of a Virginia historical highway marker for West Ford on Fordson Road