Good Friday evening! Today we published 7 articles that were read a total of 4457 times on FFXnow alone, so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today (Dec 16, 2022)…
- Marco’s Pizza to open new location in Reston area
- Fairfax County top prosecutor Steve Descano to seek reelection in 2023
- Fairfax County could put bicycles and transit on par with cars when gauging transportation needs
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- Lack of “destination” retail at future Herndon Metro development worries town council (3205 views)
- Police: Driver was speeding in fatal Old Keene Mill Road crash (3097 views)
- Luxury of a different kind is coming to Tysons (2753 views)
- Ashburn, Dulles Metro stations are busiest on Silver Line extension so far (1796 views)
- Development proposals in Reston push for more housing, less office (1712 views)
- Flagship Carwash to open another location in Herndon (1643 views)
- Gold’s Gym in Reston’s Plaza America to relocate (1278 views)
- NEW: A pedestrian crossing on Route 123 from Tysons Corner Center is in the works (1006 views)
- Bomb and shooting threat sent over ‘drag brunch’ at Fair Lakes restaurant (981 views)
- Yard House sports bar has set a grand opening date at Tysons Galleria (912 views)
- Stormwater crews rescue Pickles the cat from Lake Anne drain after hours-long effort (892 views)
- Tweaks sought for major Aurora Station at Dulles development near Innovation Metro (770 views)
- County board devotes more Covid relief funds to affordable housing (752 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Fairfax County, from our event calendar.
- 👉 9:00 am: Breakfast with Santa
- 10:00 am: Reindeer Romp 5K Family Fun Run
- 11:30 am: Reston Town Center Holiday Performances
- 12:00 pm: Winter Market & Seasonal Festivities
- 1:00 pm: Northern Virginia Model Railroaders’ Holiday Open House
And here are the events planned for Sunday:
- 11:00 am: Santa Brunch
- 11:30 am: Reston Town Center Holiday Performances
- 1:00 pm: Holly Dangles! Be Jeweled – Polymer Clay Beginners Workshop
⛅ Saturday’s forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day. High of 41 and low of 26. Sunrise at 7:23 am and sunset at 4:50 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Good Friday evening! Today we published 6 articles that were read a total of 6621 times on FFXnow alone, so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles…
Lake Anne’s plaza will once again spring to life this summer with concerts. Lake Anne Live! — an event series that kicked off last year — brings Thursday evening concerts…
The proposed repurposing of Inova Health System’s former corporate headquarters in Merrifield as live/work and workforce housing units got a hearty recommendation from the Fairfax County Planning Commission earlier this…
Are you ready for summer? Live Fairfax has a bucket list of indoor activities, outdoor escapades and trips to explore this summer.
Camps are just the beginning of what’s in store at Art House 7 this summer. We’re thrilled to offer an array of exciting classes for both kids and adults!Rediscover your creativity with some of our AH7 favorites, such as drawing, hand-sewing, modern embroidery, and our popular 3-week Jump into Crochet classes. But that’s not all! We’ve added some fresh and exciting options to our summer class selection, guaranteed to spark your imagination.
To enhance your artistic journey, we have intensified some of our Ceramics: The Wheel classes to a full 3-hour duration. This extended time allows for more creativity and skill development in each class session. If you’re eager for a captivating twist, give Contemporary Still-Life Drawing & Painting a go. Or why not try an immersive outdoor painting adventure? We have a unique opportunity for you to bring your painting skills to life while learning and creating in the great outdoors with our Landscape Painting: Studio and Plein Air class!
We invite you to visit our website and explore our full Summer Session schedule, brimming with a diverse range of classes and camps. Classes and camps begin June 20th. Unleash your inner artist, broaden your horizons, and embark on a summer adventure like no other. Let’s make this a summer to remember at Art House 7!
Potomac Harmony Chorus has a new director! We’re ready
to kick off the season with new music, a new approach, and YOU!
Potomac Harmony is one of 500 choruses in Sweet
Adelines International. We’re a vibrant,
contemporary, inclusive, welcoming, and open community of women singers who
perform four-part harmony, barbershop style, committed to a high level of
achievement through teaching, mentoring, personal growth, and performance. Our vision is to entertain, educate, and
enrich lives through musical expression while promoting the barbershop art
Potomac Harmony recently had our first performance
with our new director, receiving rave reviews! We invite you to stop by any Wednesday
evening and be part of the fun and harmony!
Army Birthday Festival – Free and Fun
Make Saturday, June 10, 2023 a great day!
Come celebrate the Army Birthday Festival at the National Museum of the U.S. Army from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Rain or Shine!
• Experience outdoor and indoor fun activities, for all
Unveiling of West Ford historical highway marker
Gum Springs will be celebrating 190 years of its founding by freedman West Ford on Saturday, June 17, 2023. To kick-off the celebration, there will be an unveiling of a Virginia historical highway marker for West Ford on Fordson Road