Happy New Year Fairfax!
As we are jumping right into 2023, I want to connect you with our Fairfax family and help you achieve your 2023 goals. Based on several surveys, here are the top 6 New Year’s Resolutions — I like to call them Goals — along with links to local and digital resources for each.
Exercise More: many of these businesses are offering membership sales this month.
Eat Healthier: bowls, smoothies, and organic produce are still popular!
- Playa Bowls
- Naked Lunch
- True Food Kitchen
- Boyla Fresh Bold Kitchen
- Roots Natural Kitchen
- South Block
- PLNT Burger
Save More Money: Advisors suggest you begin with a budget, review your expenses, and set financial goals. Check out these Best Money Saving Apps suggested by Bankrate.com.
- Digit — Best for optimizing savings decisions
- Qapital — Best for those who are motivated by visuals
- Long Game — Best for a game-like experience
- Chime — Best for effortless savings
- Current — Best for young adults seeking a banking alternative
- Acorns — Best for novice investors
- Mint — Best for financial newcomers
- Qoins — Best for those with debt
Spend More Time with Family and Friends: a game night at home is always fun, but here are some ideas to get out and about together!
- MUSE — paint bar
- Bad Axe — axe throwing
- Board & Brush — DIY wood sign workshop
- The Winery at Bull Run
- Maple Ave Restaurant — try brunch at this modern European bistro
- Bowlero Tysons — 36 lanes, an arcade, air hockey, you could even join a league
- Escapology — Fairfax’s live escape room
- Chubby Squirrel Tasting Room — and the crispy tots are great, too!
- The Boro — check out events and the latest restaurants in this vibrant neighborhood
- The Block Foodhall — food, ice cream, and a bar
- Go for a run or walk — check out some of my favorite trails here
Reduce Stress: these popular meditation apps are great tools to help with relaxation and better sleep.
Refresh Yourself: save at least one night a week to do something that refreshes you.
- Order in your life
- Enjoy the outdoors
- Listen to music
- Serve others/volunteer
Explore Fairfax with Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney.
Good Monday evening! Today we published 8 articles that were read a total of 7580 times on FFXnow alone, so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles…
Fairfax County is looking for artists to contribute to a COVID-19 memorial. The project is spearheaded by ArtsFairfax, the county’s official arts agency, after planning started nearly a year ago….
Reston Association’s Board of Directors filled an at-large seat vacated by board member Glenn Small in November. At a Thursday (Jan. 26) night meeting, the board voted to select Travis…
Big Buns Damn Good Burgers has arrived in McLean. The regional burger chain opened its newest location at 1336 Chain Bridge Road on Jan. 16, a spokesperson told FFXnow. “We…
Need help dealing with anxiety, depression or stress?
If you’re struggling to cope with anxiety, depression or stress, our virtual psychotherapy services can help. We offer a confidential and convenient service that’s tailored to your needs.
In our practice, cognitive behavioral therapy (or CBT) is an important tool we use to provide effective relief for those facing anxiety and depression. We believe that cognitive change can be used to improve behaviors and emotions, thus allowing you to achieve mental wellness. By understanding the cognitive distortions that lead to negative thought patterns, we are able to create interventions tailored to each of our clients. This empowering approach can help you gain control of how your own thoughts, beliefs, and behaviors impact your experience. With CBT, our service provides an effective treatment that can bring long-term change and mental stability.
Book a free consultation today and see how we can help you live a happier and healthier life.
Linjee Thai Restaurant Virginia Alcohol Beverage Control Publishing Notice.