Good Friday evening! Today we published 7 articles that were read a total of 6207 times on FFXnow alone, so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today (Jan 20, 2023)…
- BREAKING: Student sexual assault at Frost MS under police investigation
- Conservative activist joins race to represent Providence District on school board
- Morning Notes
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- New tabletop game center in Fairfax promises an ambitious experiment in professional roleplaying (5101 views)
- Marriott begins construction on new hotel concept at Reston Town Center (4846 views)
- Chronic wasting disease found in Fairfax County deer for first time ever (2742 views)
- Apartment building proposed at Annandale’s Eastgate Shopping Centre (1493 views)
- Planning Commission approves affordable apartment buildings at county government center (1267 views)
- New restaurant to serve wagyu and whiskey at Capital One Center (1085 views)
- BREAKING: Student sexual assault at Frost MS under police investigation (1584 views)
- Police: Alexandria woman arrested for car thefts, abduction in Annandale (871 views)
- Redistricting adds intrigue to 2023 senate races in Fairfax County (859 views)
- FCPS proposed budget to add middle school athletics to Fairfax County (757 views)
- Tysons Ridge townhomes in Pimmit Hills on track for spring construction (693 views)
- Residential development is outpacing office growth in Tysons, county data shows (622 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Fairfax County, from our event calendar.
- 3:00 pm: Video Game String Ensemble
⛅ Saturday’s forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day. High of 42 and low of 33. Sunrise at 7:24 am and sunset at 5:18 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Good Friday evening! Today we published 6 articles that were read a total of 10172 times on FFXnow alone, so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles…
The Faraday Park neighborhood has officially welcomed another tenant: Eve’s Garden Lounge and Bar. The Asian fusion restaurant celebrated its soft opening on Friday, May 12 at 11207 Reston Station…
(Updated at 4:25 p.m.) A rock fight disrupted a warm Saturday afternoon for two Vienna households last week, though who exactly was throwing the rocks is a matter of some…
Discover the many unique neighborhoods in Fairfax County from family-friendly havens to thriving foodie spots.
Are you seeking a confidential space where you can explore your emotions, overcome challenges, and find inner peace? Look no further than our dedicated psychotherapy service! We understand that life can be overwhelming at times, and we’re here to support you every step of the way.
At Peaceful Mind Solutions, our passion lies in helping individuals like you navigate life’s complexities and find the strength to thrive. Our skilled and compassionate therapist is committed to creating a warm, non-judgmental environment where you can express your thoughts and feelings openly. With our personalized approach, we tailor each session to address your unique needs and empower you to overcome obstacles.
Through evidence-based techniques and a deep understanding of the human mind, our therapist will guide you on a transformative journey of self-discovery. Whether you’re dealing with anxiety, depression, relationship issues, or simply seeking personal growth, we’re here to provide guidance and practical tools for lasting change.
VHC Health hosted its annual Trauma Survivors Day, honoring four former trauma patients and their care team on Tuesday, May 16. For many of these patient honorees, this event was the first time they were reunited with the team of healthcare professionals who cared for them after their injury. Both the healthcare team and the honorees expressed gratitude for the opportunity to thank, hug, and simply see one another again after their experience in the Trauma Center.
In May of 2021, the Commonwealth of Virginia designated VHC Health as a Level II Trauma Center. This designation filled a critical community need; previously, the closest trauma center for Arlington County was in Fairfax or Washington, DC. Since becoming a Level II Trauma Center, VHC Health has provided care for nearly 2,000 trauma patients each year.
Charity Live Music Concert
Ukrainian Charity fundraiser concert at South County High School on June 13, 2023.
All proceeds will go toward Ukrainian funds “Mriya Charity” and “Dai Lapu Drug”, that help kids and animals affected by war.
The concert will include performances by
Active Bystander: TECC Training
For any incident, like the Las Vegas massacre to the Boston Marathon bombings, citizens play a role in saving lives in the minutes following an attack. It is imperative that we provide the knowledge and skills necessary to help our