Good Friday evening! Today we published 7 articles that were read a total of 7366 times on FFXnow alone, so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today (Jan 27, 2023)…
- Date set for full Herndon Festival to return this year
- JUST IN: Reston Association’s Larry Butler to retire after more than 40-year career
- McLean Chocolate Festival is back for 11th year this Sunday
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- SCOOP: New name, new ownership and new mission for Reston’s Roer’s Zoofari (5723 views)
- Photos: Upgrade of Reston Town Center’s public spaces nearly finished (5311 views)
- New dine-in cinema in Reston Town Center to open later this year (2512 views)
- Poll: Are you ‘all in’ on a potential Fairfax County casino? (1998 views)
- Vienna poised to reduce pickleball availability at Glyndon Park due to noise complaints (1701 views)
- Comstock seeks to tweak residential building planned at Reston Row (1567 views)
- Tractor-trailer crash spills sewage at Springfield Mixing Bowl, creating backups (1471 views)
- Construction of condos on former school site in Fairfax City complete (1298 views)
- County settles on land for future arts center in Reston (1239 views)
- Pottery Barn now under construction at the Mosaic District (1229 views)
- After deadly crash, county to study lighting, cost of removing hills on Lee Chapel Road (1191 views)
- Fairfax County’s lone remaining taxi operator requests easing of rules that ‘age out’ vehicles (1120 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Fairfax County, from our event calendar.
- 9:00 am: Reston Summer Camp Expo
- 9:00 am: Wall Framing 101
- 4:00 pm: Jazz Cafe w/ Cityline
- 7:00 pm: Where Our Roots Meet
And here are the events planned for Sunday:
⛅ Saturday’s forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day. High of 50 and low of 34. Sunrise at 7:20 am and sunset at 5:26 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
A Falls Church man has been arrested in connection to a sexual assault at the Quarry Inn Motel (7179 Lee Highway) in September. Erick Vladamir Chacon Martinez, 23, was taken…
A proposed commuter ferry system for the Potomac River in Northern Virginia has gained attention from regional officials, but the price tag has dampened enthusiasm. With budget shortfalls looming and…
Goodwill is launching a new express donation site in the Herndon area. The drop-off site is expected to officially open in the Village Center at Dulles sometime this month, according…
The best path forward for saving Lake Accotink might to let it shrink, a Fairfax County task force has proposed. Created by the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors in May,…
The Georgetown Visitation Masqueraders proudly present
Descendants The Musical
Art House 7 warmly welcomes you to our upcoming Fall 2 session of classes starting on October 30th. We’re thrilled to offer a diverse range of mediums and flexible class lengths, catering to a wide age range, starting from as young as 2, and, of course, providing a multitude of engaging options for adults!
Our classes cover an exciting spectrum of creative mediums, including fiber arts such as knitting, modern embroidery, crochet, and sewing. We also offer classes in ceramics on the wheel, drawing, watercolor, gouache, oil, acrylic, still-life painting, and captivating Japanese Suminagashi and printmaking. One of the highlights of this session is the highly anticipated 5-week “Painting the Portrait and Figure” workshop, led by the renowned local artist, Danni Dawson.
For our younger artists, we have specially designed classes like “Art Exploration through Impressionism” for students in kindergarten through 5th grade, an engaging “Art Together” parent-child class designed for 2–4-year-olds, and a “Teen Taught Art Club” tailored for kindergarteners through 4th graders.
Proceeds benefit Fellowship Square, improving the lives of 800+ older adults with very limited income and resources by providing affordable housing and supportive services.
Experience a festive holiday fundraiser complete with savory wines & craft beers, scrumptious hors d’oeuvres, exciting