Good Friday evening! Today we published 6 articles that were read a total of 10869 times on FFXnow alone, so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today (Feb 3, 2023)…
- Tysons Galleria dine-in movie theater CMX CinéBistro is now open
- FCPS school bus tire catches fire in Pimmit Hills, students evacuated
- State math error means FCPS will get less funding than expected
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- Tysons Galleria dine-in movie theater CMX CinéBistro is now open (11114 views)
- Photos: Long-anticipated Wegmans to open in Reston tomorrow (10137 views)
- Seven local restaurants recognized by Washingtonian’s Top 100 restaurants list (6223 views)
- JUST IN: Vienna police arrest man who fired gun in Giant parking lot (4451 views)
- New study analyzes potential Tysons-Maryland transit connections on Beltway’s south side (1702 views)
- FCPS school bus tire catches fire in Pimmit Hills, students evacuated (1557 views)
- McLean’s Big Buns is now open, soon to be joined by Matchbox Pizza (1255 views)
- JUST IN: LGBTQ music festival led by Brandi Carlile coming to Wolf Trap (1222 views)
- JUST IN: Firefighter sustains ‘minor’ injury in Vienna house fire (1133 views)
- Jos A Bank clothing store now closed at Reston Town Center (1092 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Fairfax County, from our event calendar.
- 1:00 pm: RTC Ice-travaganza
- 1:00 pm: VVFD Blood Pressure Check Health Fair
- 3:00 pm: Equity Matters Movie: Our Time Machine
And here are the events planned for Sunday:
- 2:00 pm: Puzzle-Palooza
🌤 Saturday’s forecast
Clear throughout the day. High of 34 and low of 28. Sunrise at 7:14 am and sunset at 5:35 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Police are still looking for a driver who fired multiple gunshots at other vehicles on the Capital Beltway (I-495) in the Annandale area on Sunday (March 19). The shooting was…
The sun will shine into the night this Saturday (March 25), as the McLean Community Center hosts its first-ever Fiesta del Sol. The inaugural celebration of Latin American and Caribbean…
A day after neighboring Arlington County made waves by ending single-family exclusive zoning, Fairfax County saw its own zoning reforms reversed two years after they were approved. The Virginia Supreme…
In response to calls for additional legal assistance, Fairfax County is poised to establish a self-help resource center in the library of its courthouse complex. At a Fairfax County Board…
Synetic Theater Camps are a wildly fun, highly accessible choice for young people who love moving, playing games, and making memories. Registration is open now for Summer Camps (sessions June 20-August 25) and there are even a few spots left for Spring Break camp, April 3-7.
Located in National Landing, these performance-based camps are designed for students of all ages – no theater or performance experience required.
Led by professional teaching artists, campers learn acting, movement, and technical theater skills through the lens of Physical Theater. Physical Theater incorporates acting, movement, dance, mime, and acrobatics. If you’ve seen a Cirque du Soleil performance, you’ll find many similarities.
EDBS Dental Billing Solutions is pleased to announce that it has achieved compliance with the federally mandated standards of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) through the use of Compliancy Group’s proprietary HIPAA methodology, The Guard® compliance tracking software, and HIPAA Seal of Compliance®.
The HIPAA Seal of Compliance is issued to organizations that have implemented an effective HIPAA compliance program through the use of The Guard, Compliancy Group’s proprietary compliance tracking solution.
Clients and patients are becoming more aware of the requirements of HIPAA compliance and how the regulation protects their personal information. Forward-thinking providers like EDBS Dental Billing Solutions choose the HIPAA Seal of Compliance to differentiate their services.
McLean Volunteer Fire Department-Inova Blood Drive
MVFD has teamed up with Inova Blood Donor Services for a blood drive on Friday, March 31, in our lower parking lot at 1455 Laughlin Avenue. The blood drive will run from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 pm. Please consider making
Van Metre 5K Run
Calling all serious runners, occasional joggers, and weekend walkers of all levels! Participate in the 31st Annual Van Metre 5K Run supporting Children’s National Hospital–the event that goes a long way!
Date: Saturday, April 29, 2023