Good Friday evening! Today we published 7 articles that were read a total of 26367 times on FFXnow alone, so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today (Feb 24, 2023)…
- UPDATED: Two dead after stabbing and shooting at home in Frying Pan area
- JUST IN: Gas leak shuts down Wiehle and Sunset Hills in Reston
- Police: Driver killed after traveling wrong way on I-495 Express Lanes in Dunn Loring
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- BREAKING: Police shooting outside of Tysons Corner Center (7905 views)
- UPDATED: Two dead after stabbing and shooting at home in Frying Pan area (8679 views)
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Three-vehicle crash partially closes Route 50 in Merrifield (4040 views)
- All-affordable housing with Tysons community center near Spring Hill Metro approved (3050 views)
- JUST IN: Gas leak shuts down Wiehle and Sunset Hills in Reston (4288 views)
- Mike’s American Grill in Springfield reopens after Valentine’s Day fire (1504 views)
- Police: Driver killed after traveling wrong way on I-495 Express Lanes in Dunn Loring (2321 views)
- NEW: Fairfax County police to expand use of automated license plate readers this spring (1179 views)
- Partial tax break gets approved for Skyline redevelopment in Bailey’s Crossroads (1036 views)
- Fairfax County’s proposed budget sees residential taxes rise again, as supervisors ponder relief (1029 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Fairfax County, from our event calendar.
❄ Saturday’s forecast
Snow (< 1 in.) until evening. High of 43 and low of 34. Sunrise at 6:48 am and sunset at 5:58 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Police are still looking for a driver who fired multiple gunshots at other vehicles on the Capital Beltway (I-495) in the Annandale area on Sunday (March 19). The shooting was…
The sun will shine into the night this Saturday (March 25), as the McLean Community Center hosts its first-ever Fiesta del Sol. The inaugural celebration of Latin American and Caribbean…
A day after neighboring Arlington County made waves by ending single-family exclusive zoning, Fairfax County saw its own zoning reforms reversed two years after they were approved. The Virginia Supreme…
In response to calls for additional legal assistance, Fairfax County is poised to establish a self-help resource center in the library of its courthouse complex. At a Fairfax County Board…
Synetic Theater Camps are a wildly fun, highly accessible choice for young people who love moving, playing games, and making memories. Registration is open now for Summer Camps (sessions June 20-August 25) and there are even a few spots left for Spring Break camp, April 3-7.
Located in National Landing, these performance-based camps are designed for students of all ages – no theater or performance experience required.
Led by professional teaching artists, campers learn acting, movement, and technical theater skills through the lens of Physical Theater. Physical Theater incorporates acting, movement, dance, mime, and acrobatics. If you’ve seen a Cirque du Soleil performance, you’ll find many similarities.
EDBS Dental Billing Solutions is pleased to announce that it has achieved compliance with the federally mandated standards of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) through the use of Compliancy Group’s proprietary HIPAA methodology, The Guard® compliance tracking software, and HIPAA Seal of Compliance®.
The HIPAA Seal of Compliance is issued to organizations that have implemented an effective HIPAA compliance program through the use of The Guard, Compliancy Group’s proprietary compliance tracking solution.
Clients and patients are becoming more aware of the requirements of HIPAA compliance and how the regulation protects their personal information. Forward-thinking providers like EDBS Dental Billing Solutions choose the HIPAA Seal of Compliance to differentiate their services.
McLean Volunteer Fire Department-Inova Blood Drive
MVFD has teamed up with Inova Blood Donor Services for a blood drive on Friday, March 31, in our lower parking lot at 1455 Laughlin Avenue. The blood drive will run from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 pm. Please consider making
Van Metre 5K Run
Calling all serious runners, occasional joggers, and weekend walkers of all levels! Participate in the 31st Annual Van Metre 5K Run supporting Children’s National Hospital–the event that goes a long way!
Date: Saturday, April 29, 2023