Good Friday evening! Today we published 8 articles that were read a total of 6723 times on FFXnow alone, so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today (Mar 3, 2023)…
- Shootings by Fairfax County police will be reviewed by research group
- Fairfax Connector considers making buses fare-free for all kids under 12
- Morning Notes
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- DEVELOPING: Dead body found in trash truck around I-66 waste site (3994 views)
- Report: Herndon HS football coach challenges for Fairfax County sheriff (3834 views)
- Police: Driver dies in single-vehicle crash on Braddock Road (2788 views)
- Masala Wok has closed in Fairfax, but a new restaurant is already on its way (2105 views)
- Shootings by Fairfax County police will be reviewed by research group (2778 views)
- NEW: Fairfax County NAACP calls for independent investigation into fatal police shooting in Tysons (1539 views)
- Advocates say underfunding safety to blame for high pedestrian death count in Fairfax County (1163 views)
- FCPD: Gun found in home of couple involved in apparent murder-suicide (1065 views)
- Dulles Toll Road no longer accepting cash, starting today (1023 views)
- Golf Course Plaza redevelopment in Reston put on hold, opening door for office tenants to return (1008 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Fairfax County, from our event calendar.
Here are the events planned for Sunday:
- 👉 11:30 am: Purim Palooza (Carnival & More)
☔ Saturday’s forecast
Clear throughout the day. High of 60 and low of 36. Sunrise at 6:38 am and sunset at 6:06 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Prepare for competing “interactive experiences” at Tysons Corner Center this winter, when the year of Mattel will continue with the worldwide debut of its Hot Wheels Champion Experience. After making…
Foul play is suspected in the death of a woman whose body was found at the Burke Lake Park campgrounds on Saturday (Sept. 30). Detectives with the Fairfax County Police…
Metro Still Recovering From Derailment Near National Airport — “Most Metrorail customers will see nearly normal train service [Monday], even as Metro continues to inspect the fleet’s oldest railcars…However Blue and…
Good Friday evening! Today we published 8 articles that were read a total of 10957 times on FFXnow alone, so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles…
Explore your creative side this fall at Art House 7 with our Fall 2 Session of art classes beginning October 30th. Whether you’re a budding artist or looking to unleash your artistic potential with something new, there’s a class for everyone!
Short and Drop-In Classes:
Dive into creativity with our short-term offerings, including a 3-week still-life painting course, a 3-week knitting class, a 5-week Painting the Portrait and Figure workshop led by acclaimed local artist Danni Dawson, and a mesmerizing 4-week exploration of Japanese Suminagashi and modern paper marbling. Plus, we have a drop-in class specially designed for parents and toddlers (2-4 years old) to introduce them to the world of art.
Public invited: “Fur-th Birthday” brunch celebration for Woofie’s of South Riding-Aldie, Sunday, October 8 at The Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar
Woofie’s of South Riding-Aldie, providing premium mobile pet services throughout Aldie, Middleburg, South Riding is celebrating its fourth anniversary with expansion to Centreville and Chantilly and its fourth Woofie’s pet grooming van. The franchise, owned and operated by Loudoun County residents, husband/wife team Sebaot Gebre and Teferi Dejene, has grown by 900% since its first full year in business.
• Mobile pet spa grooming
• Dog walking
• Pet sitting
• In-home or overnight pet sitting
• Customizable services
We invite you to join us at STEAMOLOGY’s annual FREE STEM Fest for elementary and middle school students, taking place on Saturday, October 14th at South County High School, 8501 Silverbrook Rd, Lorton, VA 22079.
STEM Fest is an exciting