Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or Laura@GuidingYourMove.com.
If you live within the Town of Vienna boundary, today is your day to begin registration for TOV summer camps.
If you live outside of the town, you can begin registering next Monday. The town camps historically have been awesome for my own kids, who tends to gravitate towards anything sport related. We did a great art camp one year that involved my youngest drawing more on his own arms than paper, so that was fun for him.
If you missed out or had issues registering with Fairfax County camps earlier this year, don’t worry — there are still other options to take note of!
I wanted to highlight some less advertised options to give kids fun opportunities:
- I9 Multi Sport Camp — outdoor all day, sports based, 9 a.m.- 1 p.m.
- Nothing But Net Sports Camp — Coach Brian does run a camp through TOV, but he also has his own summer camps at other locations. Definitely get on his email list to find out when/where. Another outdoor, sports based option.
- Summer On The Hill — Flint Hill School summer camps
- VYS — soccer camp, half or full day options
Some none sports options:
- StemTree — science, computer programming and engineering, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. with discounts for siblings
- iCode VIenna — lots of options like YouTube Creator, AI Machine Learning, Digital Design, Shark Tank, and Game Builder (so many more too)
- Culinaria Cooking School — lots of different hours and options on cooking styles
- Green Hedges Day Camp — arts and crafts, music, cooking, sports, general day camp activities
- Mad Science — (held at the Vine Church): lots of cool options for your budding scientist
- School of Rock — for your musician; we did this camp one year and it was fun to see the show at Jammin’ Java at the end of the week to see how far the kids have come in a week
- Flint Hill School Headfirst Camps — camps for pre-k through 5th grade, with lots of different themes and options
We are lucky to have a lot of options around the Vienna area for your kids to explore whatever they’re interested in. Or maybe throw them in something new and see if that sparks an interest.
The TOV also has a great playground/after camp care for anyone who needs more than 5 hours of childcare during the summer.
Good Wednesday evening, Fairfax County. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier…
Fairfax Connector will pull into the Fairfax County Government Center soon for its first-ever Winterfest. Space is quickly disappearing for the public bus system’s holiday event, which will take place…
A solo exhibition by sculptor and microbiologist Kendall Buster will descend on Reston’s Tephra Institute of Contemporary Art on Dec. 9. The exhibit, SEED, is presented in conjunction with Buster’s…
A coffee shop inspired by Saudi Arabia’s cafe culture is now bringing that hip energy to both Tysons malls.
Shotted has gained a loyal following, especially within the D.C. area’s Muslim community, since opening a kiosk at Tysons Corner Center in 2020. Three years later, Shotted has expanded for the first time with a new branch in Tysons Galleria.
The Georgetown Visitation Masqueraders proudly present
Descendants The Musical
Art House 7 warmly welcomes you to our upcoming Fall 2 session of classes starting on October 30th. We’re thrilled to offer a diverse range of mediums and flexible class lengths, catering to a wide age range, starting from as young as 2, and, of course, providing a multitude of engaging options for adults!
Our classes cover an exciting spectrum of creative mediums, including fiber arts such as knitting, modern embroidery, crochet, and sewing. We also offer classes in ceramics on the wheel, drawing, watercolor, gouache, oil, acrylic, still-life painting, and captivating Japanese Suminagashi and printmaking. One of the highlights of this session is the highly anticipated 5-week “Painting the Portrait and Figure” workshop, led by the renowned local artist, Danni Dawson.
For our younger artists, we have specially designed classes like “Art Exploration through Impressionism” for students in kindergarten through 5th grade, an engaging “Art Together” parent-child class designed for 2–4-year-olds, and a “Teen Taught Art Club” tailored for kindergarteners through 4th graders.
The Ravel Dance Company will present the beloved holiday tradition The Nutcracker. It is Christmas Eve and the Stahlbaum family’s daughter Clara has received a Nutcracker from the mysterious toymaker and godfather Herr Drosselmeyer. Follow her journey through the Pine