Good Friday evening! Today we published 8 articles that were read a total of 13911 times on FFXnow alone, so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today (Mar 31, 2023)…
- Prolific chef Peter Chang is cooking up a new restaurant in McLean
- Police: Woman on sidewalk killed in Richmond Highway crash by possibly speeding driver
- Pickleball noise drama reverberates in Reston with new project
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- UPDATED: Some FCPS students stay inside as burnt smell reported across D.C. area (23796 views)
- Richmond Highway barricaded for hours as police negotiate with armed woman (18184 views)
- Here’s where Fairfax County ranks among the ‘Best Counties to Live’ — and the neighbor it couldn’t beat (12614 views)
- Police investigate repeated indecent exposures at Reston hotel (7126 views)
- Taco Bamba to open in Herndon next week with some unique menu items (4940 views)
- Teen arrested in Merrifield after fatal shooting in Fairfax Village (4220 views)
- Transportation plan builds hype for potential Metro line extension and Route 7 BRT (4078 views)
- NEW: D.C. favorite Call Your Mother to open ‘Lil Deli’ truck in McLean (4027 views)
- Fairfax County board approves plan to lure developers into replacing lost affordable housing (3700 views)
- Proposed redevelopment of Oakton’s AT&T campus set to advance, despite resident concerns (3227 views)
- JUST IN: Carjacked vehicle found in Tysons, hits cars and police cruisers during pursuit (2991 views)
- Merrifield recommended as priority for redevelopment, but one proposal raises displacement concerns (2562 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Fairfax County, from our event calendar.
- 8:00 am: 8th Annual Alzheimer’s Day at Meadows Farms
- 10:00 am: Fitting In – Theatre for ages 2 to 5
Here are the events planned for Sunday:
- 8:00 am: Pedal with Petals: A Family Bike Ride in Tysons
- 4:00 pm: Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar Spring Menu Tasting Event
☔ Saturday’s forecast
Passing showers. Breaks of sun late. Mild. High of 74 and low of 0. Sunrise at 6:54 am and sunset at 7:32 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Good Monday evening! Today we published 1 articles that were read a total of 1694 times on FFXnow alone, so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles…
(Updated at 6:35 p.m.) Two people have died, and two more have been hospitalized in an apparent shooting and stabbing at the Tysons View Apartments in Idylwood. A 20-year-old man…
Good Friday evening! Today we published 6 articles that were read a total of 10172 times on FFXnow alone, so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles…
The Faraday Park neighborhood has officially welcomed another tenant: Eve’s Garden Lounge and Bar. The Asian fusion restaurant celebrated its soft opening on Friday, May 12 at 11207 Reston Station…
Are you seeking a confidential space where you can explore your emotions, overcome challenges, and find inner peace? Look no further than our dedicated psychotherapy service! We understand that life can be overwhelming at times, and we’re here to support you every step of the way.
At Peaceful Mind Solutions, our passion lies in helping individuals like you navigate life’s complexities and find the strength to thrive. Our skilled and compassionate therapist is committed to creating a warm, non-judgmental environment where you can express your thoughts and feelings openly. With our personalized approach, we tailor each session to address your unique needs and empower you to overcome obstacles.
Through evidence-based techniques and a deep understanding of the human mind, our therapist will guide you on a transformative journey of self-discovery. Whether you’re dealing with anxiety, depression, relationship issues, or simply seeking personal growth, we’re here to provide guidance and practical tools for lasting change.
VHC Health hosted its annual Trauma Survivors Day, honoring four former trauma patients and their care team on Tuesday, May 16. For many of these patient honorees, this event was the first time they were reunited with the team of healthcare professionals who cared for them after their injury. Both the healthcare team and the honorees expressed gratitude for the opportunity to thank, hug, and simply see one another again after their experience in the Trauma Center.
In May of 2021, the Commonwealth of Virginia designated VHC Health as a Level II Trauma Center. This designation filled a critical community need; previously, the closest trauma center for Arlington County was in Fairfax or Washington, DC. Since becoming a Level II Trauma Center, VHC Health has provided care for nearly 2,000 trauma patients each year.
Charity Live Music Concert
Ukrainian Charity fundraiser concert at South County High School on June 13, 2023.
All proceeds will go toward Ukrainian funds “Mriya Charity” and “Dai Lapu Drug”, that help kids and animals affected by war.
The concert will include performances by
Active Bystander: TECC Training
For any incident, like the Las Vegas massacre to the Boston Marathon bombings, citizens play a role in saving lives in the minutes following an attack. It is imperative that we provide the knowledge and skills necessary to help our