Good Friday evening! Today we published 7 articles that were read a total of 6801 times on FFXnow alone, so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today (Apr 7, 2023)…
- UPDATED: Construction on I-495 toll lanes can continue during lawsuit, judge says
- UPDATED: Pedestrian killed in crash at Richmond Highway near Fairfax County Parkway
- Tysons sushi restaurant, Kusshi Ko, closes temporarily
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- Proposed Pan Am redevelopment in Merrifield drops townhouses, going all in on apartments (15873 views)
- EXCLUSIVE: Abrar Omeish bows out of school board race to work with youth-focused legal nonprofit (6324 views)
- Korean BBQ and hot pot restaurant coming soon to Herndon (4920 views)
- Police: Two hospitalized by separate shootings in Reston and Groveton (3295 views)
- Southbound GW Parkway in McLean to close this month, shifting traffic to new, reversible lane (2334 views)
- Woman reportedly abducted in New York killed in gunfight between police and suspect on I-95 (1562 views)
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House now open in Reston Town Center (1432 views)
- New Annandale Civic Space begins to replace parking lot, set to open later this year (1277 views)
- County invites residents to drop off food and yard waste for composting at I-66 facility (1217 views)
- Unionized workers at Kingstowne Safeway protest potential grocery store merger (1056 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Fairfax County, from our event calendar.
Here are the events planned for Sunday:
☔ Saturday’s forecast
Light rain. Overcast. Cool. High of 52 and low of 0. Sunrise at 6:43 am and sunset at 7:39 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Good Friday evening, Fairfax County. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier…
Makers Union, a restaurant and pub based in Reston Town Center, is welcoming the holidays with a twist to their traditional offerings. The Blitzen Bar opens today (Friday) and will…
Local police are searching for additional victims after arresting a Falls Church man in connection to two robberies of massage parlors: one that occurred this fall and one from 2021….
In the future, people who earn more than Fairfax County’s median income will likely no longer be able to buy workforce housing. A task force recommended to the Board of…
The Georgetown Visitation Masqueraders proudly present
Descendants The Musical
Art House 7 warmly welcomes you to our upcoming Fall 2 session of classes starting on October 30th. We’re thrilled to offer a diverse range of mediums and flexible class lengths, catering to a wide age range, starting from as young as 2, and, of course, providing a multitude of engaging options for adults!
Our classes cover an exciting spectrum of creative mediums, including fiber arts such as knitting, modern embroidery, crochet, and sewing. We also offer classes in ceramics on the wheel, drawing, watercolor, gouache, oil, acrylic, still-life painting, and captivating Japanese Suminagashi and printmaking. One of the highlights of this session is the highly anticipated 5-week “Painting the Portrait and Figure” workshop, led by the renowned local artist, Danni Dawson.
For our younger artists, we have specially designed classes like “Art Exploration through Impressionism” for students in kindergarten through 5th grade, an engaging “Art Together” parent-child class designed for 2–4-year-olds, and a “Teen Taught Art Club” tailored for kindergarteners through 4th graders.
The Ravel Dance Company will present the beloved holiday tradition The Nutcracker. It is Christmas Eve and the Stahlbaum family’s daughter Clara has received a Nutcracker from the mysterious toymaker and godfather Herr Drosselmeyer. Follow her journey through the Pine