Good Friday evening! Today we published 7 articles that were read a total of 6801 times on FFXnow alone, so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today (Apr 7, 2023)…
- UPDATED: Construction on I-495 toll lanes can continue during lawsuit, judge says
- UPDATED: Pedestrian killed in crash at Richmond Highway near Fairfax County Parkway
- Tysons sushi restaurant, Kusshi Ko, closes temporarily
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- Proposed Pan Am redevelopment in Merrifield drops townhouses, going all in on apartments (15873 views)
- EXCLUSIVE: Abrar Omeish bows out of school board race to work with youth-focused legal nonprofit (6324 views)
- Korean BBQ and hot pot restaurant coming soon to Herndon (4920 views)
- Police: Two hospitalized by separate shootings in Reston and Groveton (3295 views)
- Southbound GW Parkway in McLean to close this month, shifting traffic to new, reversible lane (2334 views)
- Woman reportedly abducted in New York killed in gunfight between police and suspect on I-95 (1562 views)
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House now open in Reston Town Center (1432 views)
- New Annandale Civic Space begins to replace parking lot, set to open later this year (1277 views)
- County invites residents to drop off food and yard waste for composting at I-66 facility (1217 views)
- Unionized workers at Kingstowne Safeway protest potential grocery store merger (1056 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Fairfax County, from our event calendar.
- 1:00 pm: Learn 2 Play Dungeons and Dragons
- 5:00 pm: New Art Exhibition–You are invited!
Here are the events planned for Sunday:
- 9:00 am: FREE Easter Egg Hunt
- 12:15 pm: Easter Egg Hunt
☔ Saturday’s forecast
Light rain. Overcast. Cool. High of 52 and low of 0. Sunrise at 6:43 am and sunset at 7:39 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Good Monday evening! Today we published 1 articles that were read a total of 1694 times on FFXnow alone, so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles…
(Updated at 6:35 p.m.) Two people have died, and two more have been hospitalized in an apparent shooting and stabbing at the Tysons View Apartments in Idylwood. A 20-year-old man…
Good Friday evening! Today we published 6 articles that were read a total of 10172 times on FFXnow alone, so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles…
The Faraday Park neighborhood has officially welcomed another tenant: Eve’s Garden Lounge and Bar. The Asian fusion restaurant celebrated its soft opening on Friday, May 12 at 11207 Reston Station…
Are you seeking a confidential space where you can explore your emotions, overcome challenges, and find inner peace? Look no further than our dedicated psychotherapy service! We understand that life can be overwhelming at times, and we’re here to support you every step of the way.
At Peaceful Mind Solutions, our passion lies in helping individuals like you navigate life’s complexities and find the strength to thrive. Our skilled and compassionate therapist is committed to creating a warm, non-judgmental environment where you can express your thoughts and feelings openly. With our personalized approach, we tailor each session to address your unique needs and empower you to overcome obstacles.
Through evidence-based techniques and a deep understanding of the human mind, our therapist will guide you on a transformative journey of self-discovery. Whether you’re dealing with anxiety, depression, relationship issues, or simply seeking personal growth, we’re here to provide guidance and practical tools for lasting change.
VHC Health hosted its annual Trauma Survivors Day, honoring four former trauma patients and their care team on Tuesday, May 16. For many of these patient honorees, this event was the first time they were reunited with the team of healthcare professionals who cared for them after their injury. Both the healthcare team and the honorees expressed gratitude for the opportunity to thank, hug, and simply see one another again after their experience in the Trauma Center.
In May of 2021, the Commonwealth of Virginia designated VHC Health as a Level II Trauma Center. This designation filled a critical community need; previously, the closest trauma center for Arlington County was in Fairfax or Washington, DC. Since becoming a Level II Trauma Center, VHC Health has provided care for nearly 2,000 trauma patients each year.
Charity Live Music Concert
Ukrainian Charity fundraiser concert at South County High School on June 13, 2023.
All proceeds will go toward Ukrainian funds “Mriya Charity” and “Dai Lapu Drug”, that help kids and animals affected by war.
The concert will include performances by
Active Bystander: TECC Training
For any incident, like the Las Vegas massacre to the Boston Marathon bombings, citizens play a role in saving lives in the minutes following an attack. It is imperative that we provide the knowledge and skills necessary to help our