Good Friday evening! Today we published 6 articles that were read a total of 14960 times on FFXnow alone, so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today (Apr 28, 2023)…
- Proposed design guidelines imagine downtown McLean as ‘neighborhood village’
- FCPD: Woman arrested for abducting 3-year-old at Tysons Corner Center
- Dickey’s Barbecue Pit to host grand opening at Herndon Centre in May
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- BREAKING: Three people found shot dead in West Springfield house (9390 views)
- Fairfax approves pedestrian-friendly redesign of congested Chain Bridge Road intersection (6377 views)
- Norton Scott takes county to court over handling of Reston Town Center North proposal (3824 views)
- Three people taken to hospital after crash that closes John Marr Drive (3050 views)
- Proposed design guidelines imagine downtown McLean as ‘neighborhood village’ (3169 views)
- FCPD: Woman arrested for abducting 3-year-old at Tysons Corner Center (3130 views)
- After losing Barton Hills appeal, Reston Association seeks tweaks to county zoning ordinance (1584 views)
- Fairfax County board lauds updated draft of Reston comprehensive plan (1445 views)
- County proposes permanent rules for temporary outdoor dining areas (1351 views)
- Fairfax County Commonwealth’s Attorney candidates trade attacks on local radio show (1204 views)
- Centreville resident arrested after allegedly stabbing man, family dog (1145 views)
- Police salary increase, softball fields are among items supervisors hope to fund in budget (1120 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Fairfax County, from our event calendar.
- 👉 8:30 am: Van Metre 5K Run
- 8:30 am: 80-Family Community Yard Sale
- 👉 10:00 am: Blessing of the Pets
- 12:00 pm: Meridian High School Tour
- 👉 12:00 pm: First-time Moms Meet & Greet
- 1:00 pm: Fountain Day
- 7:00 pm: Frozen Jr, the Musical!
Here are the events planned for Sunday:
☔ Saturday’s forecast
Light rain. Overcast. Mild. High of 67 and low of 56. Sunrise at 6:13 am and sunset at 7:59 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Good Wednesday evening, Fairfax County. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier…
Fairfax Connector will pull into the Fairfax County Government Center soon for its first-ever Winterfest. Space is quickly disappearing for the public bus system’s holiday event, which will take place…
A solo exhibition by sculptor and microbiologist Kendall Buster will descend on Reston’s Tephra Institute of Contemporary Art on Dec. 9. The exhibit, SEED, is presented in conjunction with Buster’s…
A coffee shop inspired by Saudi Arabia’s cafe culture is now bringing that hip energy to both Tysons malls.
Shotted has gained a loyal following, especially within the D.C. area’s Muslim community, since opening a kiosk at Tysons Corner Center in 2020. Three years later, Shotted has expanded for the first time with a new branch in Tysons Galleria.
The Georgetown Visitation Masqueraders proudly present
Descendants The Musical
Art House 7 warmly welcomes you to our upcoming Fall 2 session of classes starting on October 30th. We’re thrilled to offer a diverse range of mediums and flexible class lengths, catering to a wide age range, starting from as young as 2, and, of course, providing a multitude of engaging options for adults!
Our classes cover an exciting spectrum of creative mediums, including fiber arts such as knitting, modern embroidery, crochet, and sewing. We also offer classes in ceramics on the wheel, drawing, watercolor, gouache, oil, acrylic, still-life painting, and captivating Japanese Suminagashi and printmaking. One of the highlights of this session is the highly anticipated 5-week “Painting the Portrait and Figure” workshop, led by the renowned local artist, Danni Dawson.
For our younger artists, we have specially designed classes like “Art Exploration through Impressionism” for students in kindergarten through 5th grade, an engaging “Art Together” parent-child class designed for 2–4-year-olds, and a “Teen Taught Art Club” tailored for kindergarteners through 4th graders.
The Ravel Dance Company will present the beloved holiday tradition The Nutcracker. It is Christmas Eve and the Stahlbaum family’s daughter Clara has received a Nutcracker from the mysterious toymaker and godfather Herr Drosselmeyer. Follow her journey through the Pine