Good Friday evening! Today we published 4 articles that were read a total of 3834 times on FFXnow alone, so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today (May 5, 2023)…
- Call Your Mother’s mini mobile deli is now open in McLean
- Morning Notes
- Early voting for Democratic primary begins with a slew of local races on the ballot
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- Pizza restaurant Mellow Mushroom withers away in Herndon (26589 views)
- Report: Ikea to open new ‘urban format’ store in Fairfax Corner (16135 views)
- Group protesting Bangladesh prime minister shuts down Tysons Blvd (6738 views)
- Barnes & Noble announces opening date for Reston location (6553 views)
- For first time, Cirque du Soleil selects Tysons for U.S. debut of new show (5441 views)
- Fairfax County offers to split the bill for private stormwater projects (2826 views)
- New Lebanese restaurant to take over former Chopt space in Vienna (2479 views)
- JUST IN: Police officer injured in crash on Fairfax County Parkway (1824 views)
- Haulin’ Trash bankruptcy leaves many county residents out of luck getting refunds (1659 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Fairfax County, from our event calendar.
- 7:00 am: Arlington Civitan Open Air Flea Market
- 8:00 am: Stratton Woods HOA Community Yard Sale
- 9:00 am: Foster the Family 5K & Family Fun Day!
- 2:00 pm: FREE Pilates Day classes/ RTR Pilates
- 2:00 pm: “Bright Star,” presented by South Lakes High School Theater
- 7:30 pm: “Bright Star,” presented by South Lakes High School Theater
Here are the events planned for Sunday:
- 8:00 am: Hopecam 5k Run/Walk
⛅ Saturday’s forecast
Increasing cloudiness. Mild. High of 73 and low of 57. Sunrise at 6:05 am and sunset at 8:06 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
This past week saw 218 homes sold in Fairfax County. The least expensive condo, single-family home or townhouse sale over the past seven days was $180,000 while the most expensive…
Today (Thursday) marks a decade of community service, youth leadership, political activism and civic engagement in Virginia by the Hamkae Center. Over the last 10 years, the local nonprofit has…
The Faith Baptist Church that has occupied 301 Center Street South in Vienna for about seven decades will officially be torn down. Faced with increasing maintenance costs, the Vienna Town…
Arrowbrook Centre, an anchoring mixed-use neighborhood near the Innovation Center Metro station, is moving one step forward to completion. Several pieces of the 54-acre development, which is bounded by the…
Camps are just the beginning of what’s in store at Art House 7 this summer. We’re thrilled to offer an array of exciting classes for both kids and adults!Rediscover your creativity with some of our AH7 favorites, such as drawing, hand-sewing, modern embroidery, and our popular 3-week Jump into Crochet classes. But that’s not all! We’ve added some fresh and exciting options to our summer class selection, guaranteed to spark your imagination.
To enhance your artistic journey, we have intensified some of our Ceramics: The Wheel classes to a full 3-hour duration. This extended time allows for more creativity and skill development in each class session. If you’re eager for a captivating twist, give Contemporary Still-Life Drawing & Painting a go. Or why not try an immersive outdoor painting adventure? We have a unique opportunity for you to bring your painting skills to life while learning and creating in the great outdoors with our Landscape Painting: Studio and Plein Air class!
We invite you to visit our website and explore our full Summer Session schedule, brimming with a diverse range of classes and camps. Classes and camps begin June 20th. Unleash your inner artist, broaden your horizons, and embark on a summer adventure like no other. Let’s make this a summer to remember at Art House 7!
Potomac Harmony Chorus has a new director! We’re ready
to kick off the season with new music, a new approach, and YOU!
Potomac Harmony is one of 500 choruses in Sweet
Adelines International. We’re a vibrant,
contemporary, inclusive, welcoming, and open community of women singers who
perform four-part harmony, barbershop style, committed to a high level of
achievement through teaching, mentoring, personal growth, and performance. Our vision is to entertain, educate, and
enrich lives through musical expression while promoting the barbershop art
Potomac Harmony recently had our first performance
with our new director, receiving rave reviews! We invite you to stop by any Wednesday
evening and be part of the fun and harmony!
Army Birthday Festival – Free and Fun
Make Saturday, June 10, 2023 a great day!
Come celebrate the Army Birthday Festival at the National Museum of the U.S. Army from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Rain or Shine!
• Experience outdoor and indoor fun activities, for all
Unveiling of West Ford historical highway marker
Gum Springs will be celebrating 190 years of its founding by freedman West Ford on Saturday, June 17, 2023. To kick-off the celebration, there will be an unveiling of a Virginia historical highway marker for West Ford on Fordson Road