Good Friday evening! Today we published 6 articles that were read a total of 8331 times on FFXnow alone, so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today (May 12, 2023)…
- Homelessness continues to increase in Fairfax County, especially among families with kids
- Reston Farmers Market returns with more vendors, parking constraints
- County bans overnight commercial parking on downtown McLean street
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- IT company to expand Reston HQ, add 90 jobs (22463 views)
- University seeks to open new campus in Herndon office buildings (12016 views)
- BREAKING: Pedestrian dies after crash involving fire engine in Reston (3580 views)
- Artificial intelligence and data firm signs lease at Reston Station (3080 views)
- Fire engine that hit woman in Reston didn’t see her in road, police say (2763 views)
- New performing arts center, hotel proposed in Old Town Fairfax (2182 views)
- Data center boom prompts Fairfax County to take new look at rules, environmental impacts (2158 views)
- DEVELOPING: Police look for suspect in shooting near Culmore 7-Eleven (2060 views)
- Yama Chen’s Sushi has opened at last in Vienna (1970 views)
- Residents, school board member raise traffic safety concerns around Reston schools (1412 views)
- Mosaic District’s Four Sisters to close on Mother’s Day after 30 years (1110 views)
- Overhaul of county zoning ordinance approved again, despite opposition (1108 views)
- County allows more sip-and-stroll style events at Reston Town Center (1074 views)
- Report: Mars Inc. eyes Tysons office for temporary HQ in anticipation of expansion (1034 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Fairfax County, from our event calendar.
- 2:00 pm: Meet local author Michael Zucker
- 7:00 pm: The Big Jam: A Decade of Drumming
- 7:00 pm: Family Roller Skate Night
Here are the events planned for Sunday:
🌥 Saturday’s forecast
Cloudy. Mild. High of 74 and low of 58. Sunrise at 5:58 am and sunset at 8:12 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Good Friday evening! Today we published 8 articles that were read a total of 10957 times on FFXnow alone, so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles…
A 17-year veteran of the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department has been arrested for allegedly stealing drugs stored at two stations for her personal use, police announced today (Friday)….
A total of six new Capital Bikeshare stations may soon arrive around the Innovation Center Metro station. The Fairfax County Department of Transportation will host a meeting this coming Wednesday…
Tysons Corner Center can move forward with new plans for its next phase of development. After a public hearing on Tuesday (Sept. 26), the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors approved…
Public invited: “Fur-th Birthday” brunch celebration for Woofie’s of South Riding-Aldie, Sunday, October 8 at The Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar
Woofie’s of South Riding-Aldie, providing premium mobile pet services throughout Aldie, Middleburg, South Riding is celebrating its fourth anniversary with expansion to Centreville and Chantilly and its fourth Woofie’s pet grooming van. The franchise, owned and operated by Loudoun County residents, husband/wife team Sebaot Gebre and Teferi Dejene, has grown by 900% since its first full year in business.
• Mobile pet spa grooming
• Dog walking
• Pet sitting
• In-home or overnight pet sitting
• Customizable services
If you have been thinking about buying your first home or haven’t owned one in the last three years, THIS IS FOR YOU!
In the DMV area, it can be difficult to save the downpayment necessary for you to get into your own home. We have a solution. The Funder’s Summit!
We have assembled a summit with different municipalities to tell you how to access their funds for your home purchase.
We invite you to join us at STEAMOLOGY’s annual FREE STEM Fest for elementary and middle school students, taking place on Saturday, October 14th at South County High School, 8501 Silverbrook Rd, Lorton, VA 22079.
STEM Fest is an exciting