Good Friday evening! Today we published 6 articles that were read a total of 10172 times on FFXnow alone, so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today (May 26, 2023)…
- Former American Idol winner to headline Herndon Festival
- New Asian restaurant, Eve’s Garden Lounge, has launched in Reston
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- Merrifield restaurant named among top 5 newcomers to D.C. area’s dining scene by Washington Post (11508 views)
- BREAKING: FCPS wins appeal of lawsuit challenging TJ admissions (5369 views)
- Public hearing dates set for proposed shift of unbuilt housing from Reston Station (2557 views)
- Fairfax County board opposes push for longer flights at National Airport (2014 views)
- Police: Man arrested at McLean preschool had guns in car (1928 views)
- Former American Idol winner to headline Herndon Festival (2961 views)
- Arrowbrook Centre proposal set for planning commission public hearing (744 views)
- Former Trump admin official among newly elected McLean Community Center board members (701 views)
- Fairfax Connector proposes new bus service in I-66 corridor using future parking garages (557 views)
- Vienna Police: Raccoon killed in dog attack had rabies (552 views)
- Reston Association kicks off pool season, but Lake Thoreau opening still pending (503 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Fairfax County, from our event calendar.
☀️ Saturday’s forecast
Mostly sunny, with a high near 75. Northeast wind 7 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. At night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53. Northeast wind 8 to 11 mph. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
A proposed commuter ferry system for the Potomac River in Northern Virginia has gained attention from regional officials, but the price tag has dampened enthusiasm. With budget shortfalls looming and…
Goodwill is launching a new express donation site in the Herndon area. The drop-off site is expected to officially open in the Village Center at Dulles sometime this month, according…
The best path forward for saving Lake Accotink might to let it shrink, a Fairfax County task force has proposed. Created by the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors in May,…
Tysons Galleria has lost another dining option. Jiwa Singapura, which sought to blend Singaporean street food with a “high-end” setting, closed its doors on Monday, Dec. 4 after less than…
The Georgetown Visitation Masqueraders proudly present
Descendants The Musical
Art House 7 warmly welcomes you to our upcoming Fall 2 session of classes starting on October 30th. We’re thrilled to offer a diverse range of mediums and flexible class lengths, catering to a wide age range, starting from as young as 2, and, of course, providing a multitude of engaging options for adults!
Our classes cover an exciting spectrum of creative mediums, including fiber arts such as knitting, modern embroidery, crochet, and sewing. We also offer classes in ceramics on the wheel, drawing, watercolor, gouache, oil, acrylic, still-life painting, and captivating Japanese Suminagashi and printmaking. One of the highlights of this session is the highly anticipated 5-week “Painting the Portrait and Figure” workshop, led by the renowned local artist, Danni Dawson.
For our younger artists, we have specially designed classes like “Art Exploration through Impressionism” for students in kindergarten through 5th grade, an engaging “Art Together” parent-child class designed for 2–4-year-olds, and a “Teen Taught Art Club” tailored for kindergarteners through 4th graders.
Proceeds benefit Fellowship Square, improving the lives of 800+ older adults with very limited income and resources by providing affordable housing and supportive services.
Experience a festive holiday fundraiser complete with savory wines & craft beers, scrumptious hors d’oeuvres, exciting