Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or Laura@GuidingYourMove.com.
If you’ve lived in Vienna for any length of time, you’ve heard about the long wait times for local pools.
Pro Tip: if you’re selling a home and you have a pool membership make sure you advertise that! It’s a huge selling feature as the buyer can buy your membership. There are 6 main pools in the area, which I’ll list below, but this list is for anyone who is looking for other options to find water — local pools, spraygrounds and splash pads.
My kids are past the splash pad age, so if I’ve missed anything new please share with the readers below!
Local Vienna Pools
- Vienna Woods Swim and Tennis
- Vienna Aquatic Club
- Dunn Loring Swim Club
- Cardinal Hill Health and Racquet
- Hunter Mill Swim and Racquet Club
- Mosby Woods Pool
Spraygrounds, Splash Pads and Waterparks
- The Boro Splash Pad: 15 jet splash pad at the Boro Park located on the Upper Promenade, open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The City of Fairfax Splash Pad (10415 North Street): Open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and don’t skip on the ice cream next door at Woody’s!
- Mosaic Water Fountains (on the green): Open 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Our Special Harbor (6601 Telegraph Road, Franconia): This Chesapeake Bay themed splash park has a water maze, dumping crab basket, spray fountains, misting flowers and interactive water tables. Aquatic shoes or sandals with a back strap are required for kids under 15. There’s also a carousel.
- The Water Mine Family Swimmin’ Hole (400 Lake Fairfax Drive, Reston): Here you’ll find a pool, slides, a lazy river, an area for kids with a smaller slide, covered picnic areas and chairs for lounging. This is a great option for day trips to a pool if you’re not a member of any of the local pools. We bought a family pass our first summer in Vienna when we weren’t members of a pool yet, and it was a great way to pass the summer. We have also done birthday parties here — so much fun!
- Ocean Dunes Waterpark (6060 Wilson Blvd, Arlington): Explore multiple pools for different ages, large slides, a “sprayground” with a dumping bucket and many areas for lounging in the sun. It’s also adjacent to an 18-hole mini-golf course — another great way to pass a lazy day!
- Volcano Island Waterpark (20015 Volcano Drive, Sterling): This is another great option with a pool, “sprayground,” slides and a dumping bucket.
- Atlantis Waterpark (7700 Bull Run Drive, Centreville): Keep the kids busy with waterslides, pools, a play island with smaller slides and a huge 500-gallon dumping bucket.
- Great Waves Waterpark (4001 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria): For the adventurous, this park includes speed slides, waterslides, a wave pool and a small kids’ zone for the younger crowd. There’s also a mini-golf course, batting cages, playground and cabanas.
Other Pool Options
- Reston Lifetime Fitness: They have an outdoor pool, but you also get access to the rest of the gym.
Sport and Health Tysons: Indoor and outdoor pools, in addition to access to the full club.
McLean and Fairfax Pools: Many have openings and no wait!
- McLean Hamlet
- McLean Swim and Tennis
- Chesterbrook Swim and Tennis
- Highlands Swim and Tennis Club
- Tuckahoe Swim and Tennis
I want to give a shout to an Instagram account you may want to follow if you have little kids — @Virginia.Adventure.Family. They do a great job of posting videos, photos and details about cool places to visit around Virginia.
Good Friday evening! Today we published 8 articles that were read a total of 10957 times on FFXnow alone, so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles…
A 17-year veteran of the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department has been arrested for allegedly stealing drugs stored at two stations for her personal use, police announced today (Friday)….
A total of six new Capital Bikeshare stations may soon arrive around the Innovation Center Metro station. The Fairfax County Department of Transportation will host a meeting this coming Wednesday…
Tysons Corner Center can move forward with new plans for its next phase of development. After a public hearing on Tuesday (Sept. 26), the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors approved…
Public invited: “Fur-th Birthday” brunch celebration for Woofie’s of South Riding-Aldie, Sunday, October 8 at The Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar
Woofie’s of South Riding-Aldie, providing premium mobile pet services throughout Aldie, Middleburg, South Riding is celebrating its fourth anniversary with expansion to Centreville and Chantilly and its fourth Woofie’s pet grooming van. The franchise, owned and operated by Loudoun County residents, husband/wife team Sebaot Gebre and Teferi Dejene, has grown by 900% since its first full year in business.
• Mobile pet spa grooming
• Dog walking
• Pet sitting
• In-home or overnight pet sitting
• Customizable services
If you have been thinking about buying your first home or haven’t owned one in the last three years, THIS IS FOR YOU!
In the DMV area, it can be difficult to save the downpayment necessary for you to get into your own home. We have a solution. The Funder’s Summit!
We have assembled a summit with different municipalities to tell you how to access their funds for your home purchase.
We invite you to join us at STEAMOLOGY’s annual FREE STEM Fest for elementary and middle school students, taking place on Saturday, October 14th at South County High School, 8501 Silverbrook Rd, Lorton, VA 22079.
STEM Fest is an exciting