Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or Laura@GuidingYourMove.com.
I’m not a golfer myself, unless it involves Angry Birds at Top Golf.
That said, my kids seem to enjoy the idea of learning how to play golf so I’m going to put together a list of places that are great for kids learning how to play and open to the public without requiring memberships.
- Oak Marr Golf Center — A 9 hole course with online availability to reserve a tee time. They also have a great covered driving range if you’re just looking to hit a bucket.
- Virginia Golf Center — A 9 hole course on a first come, first serve basis. Located in Clifton. Adults are $20, kids under 16 are $15 and they give discounts for military, law enforcement officers and teachers.
- Burke Lake Golf Center — An 18 hole course that’s still par 3. Like Oak Marr and other Fairfax County golf courses, you can reserve a tee time online.
- Sterling Golf Club — An 18 hole course that’s still par 3. You can reserve a tee time online too.
If you’re looking to start with mini golf, here’s a reminder of options for local Mini Golf courses:
- Oak Marr (Oakton) — Open noon to 8 p.m.
- The Magic Putting Place (Manassas) — Which is right next to Nathan’s Dairy Bar for fabulous ice cream. Check their Facebook page for daily updates for weather changes.
- Upton Hill Mini Golf (Arlington) — Which also has batting cages and is near Westover, which has Toby’s Ice Cream and many other lunch options.
- Jefferson Falls (Falls Church) — Located near Mosaic. Check the website for openings as they do close sometimes for private events.
Also, places like Reston National Golf Center have camps this summer and throughout the year for kids to learn how to play.
Virginia’s so-called “sore loser” law is supposed to ensure that when a candidate is defeated in a Republican or Democratic primary, they can’t drop their party affiliation and appear on…
Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA and D.C. with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or Laura@GuidingYourMove.com. I…
Electric buses have at last joined Northern Virginia’s largest local bus fleet. Fairfax Connector launched the eight battery-powered vehicles out of its West Ox Operations and Maintenance Center (4970 Alliance…
Reston Association’s Board of Directors has a new vacancy. Mike Collins — who represents apartment owners within RA’s membership — resigned Friday (Sept. 29). Collins, who also served as the…
Explore your creative side this fall at Art House 7 with our Fall 2 Session of art classes beginning October 30th. Whether you’re a budding artist or looking to unleash your artistic potential with something new, there’s a class for everyone!
Short and Drop-In Classes:
Dive into creativity with our short-term offerings, including a 3-week still-life painting course, a 3-week knitting class, a 5-week Painting the Portrait and Figure workshop led by acclaimed local artist Danni Dawson, and a mesmerizing 4-week exploration of Japanese Suminagashi and modern paper marbling. Plus, we have a drop-in class specially designed for parents and toddlers (2-4 years old) to introduce them to the world of art.
Public invited: “Fur-th Birthday” brunch celebration for Woofie’s of South Riding-Aldie, Sunday, October 8 at The Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar
Woofie’s of South Riding-Aldie, providing premium mobile pet services throughout Aldie, Middleburg, South Riding is celebrating its fourth anniversary with expansion to Centreville and Chantilly and its fourth Woofie’s pet grooming van. The franchise, owned and operated by Loudoun County residents, husband/wife team Sebaot Gebre and Teferi Dejene, has grown by 900% since its first full year in business.
• Mobile pet spa grooming
• Dog walking
• Pet sitting
• In-home or overnight pet sitting
• Customizable services
We invite you to join us at STEAMOLOGY’s annual FREE STEM Fest for elementary and middle school students, taking place on Saturday, October 14th at South County High School, 8501 Silverbrook Rd, Lorton, VA 22079.
STEM Fest is an exciting