Good Friday evening! Today we published 7 articles that were read a total of 5901 times on FFXnow alone, so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today (Jun 30, 2023)…
- Here’s where to watch fireworks this Fourth of July in Fairfax County
- Bigger school zones, fentanyl labeled a ‘weapon of terrorism’ and more new Virginia laws coming July 1
- Voided development plan for former Fannie Mae campus expedited for approval
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- Fairfax County School Board to vote on proposed salary increases tonight (6100 views)
- Bear seen near Home Depot in Reston (5124 views)
- Police release sketch of suspect in recent Herndon shooting (4700 views)
- Plane flights into D.C. area diverted due to air traffic control repairs (3709 views)
- Shell gas station in Springfield may be demolished, add convenience store (3415 views)
- One dead after two teens overdose in Bailey’s Crossroads parking lot (3285 views)
- Reston resident launches new French macaron business in Herndon (2605 views)
- Indian restaurant coming soon to Herndon’s Village Center at Dulles (2168 views)
- Eden Center reinvestment plans get final approval after two years of dedicated community organizing (1658 views)
- New Marriott hotel to open in Reston Town Center next year (1498 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Fairfax County, from our event calendar.
- 7:00 am: Arlington Civitan Open Air Flea Market
- 8:00 am: Red White ‘n Brew 5k
- 9:30 am: RWB Hot Dog Mile
- 11:00 am: Graphic novel workshop with Jonathan Roth
- 7:30 pm: Handel’s Semele
⛈️ Saturday’s forecast
Scattered showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 87. South wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. At night: Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Patchy fog after 3am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 71. South wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Good Friday evening! Today we published 8 articles that were read a total of 10957 times on FFXnow alone, so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles…
A 17-year veteran of the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department has been arrested for allegedly stealing drugs stored at two stations for her personal use, police announced today (Friday)….
A total of six new Capital Bikeshare stations may soon arrive around the Innovation Center Metro station. The Fairfax County Department of Transportation will host a meeting this coming Wednesday…
Tysons Corner Center can move forward with new plans for its next phase of development. After a public hearing on Tuesday (Sept. 26), the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors approved…
Public invited: “Fur-th Birthday” brunch celebration for Woofie’s of South Riding-Aldie, Sunday, October 8 at The Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar
Woofie’s of South Riding-Aldie, providing premium mobile pet services throughout Aldie, Middleburg, South Riding is celebrating its fourth anniversary with expansion to Centreville and Chantilly and its fourth Woofie’s pet grooming van. The franchise, owned and operated by Loudoun County residents, husband/wife team Sebaot Gebre and Teferi Dejene, has grown by 900% since its first full year in business.
• Mobile pet spa grooming
• Dog walking
• Pet sitting
• In-home or overnight pet sitting
• Customizable services
If you have been thinking about buying your first home or haven’t owned one in the last three years, THIS IS FOR YOU!
In the DMV area, it can be difficult to save the downpayment necessary for you to get into your own home. We have a solution. The Funder’s Summit!
We have assembled a summit with different municipalities to tell you how to access their funds for your home purchase.
We invite you to join us at STEAMOLOGY’s annual FREE STEM Fest for elementary and middle school students, taking place on Saturday, October 14th at South County High School, 8501 Silverbrook Rd, Lorton, VA 22079.
STEM Fest is an exciting