Good Friday evening! Today we published 8 articles that were read a total of 11263 times on FFXnow alone, so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today (Jul 21, 2023)…
- JUST IN: Gas leak shuts down Route 7 in Wolf Trap
- District Taco will open restaurants in McLean, Springfield next month
- Pisco y Nazca Ceviche Gastrobar to open in Reston next week
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- Tysons auto dealerships to close permanently, maybe setting stage for redevelopment (33978 views)
- Trader Joe’s confirms plan to relocate down the road in Springfield (28828 views)
- BREAKING: One killed in crash outside Burke shopping center (9266 views)
- NEW: Fairfax County might end leaf collection service, starting next year (6844 views)
- Driver dies after fiery two-vehicle crash in Fort Belvoir (6152 views)
- Man wins decades-long battle to get FCPD to use community names, not postal addresses, in crime reports (5525 views)
- Fight breaks out at Italian restaurant in Vienna, drawing police (4159 views)
- New ‘virtual food hall’ brings cuisine from around the D.C. area to Tysons (3182 views)
- Ice Cream Jubilee to open in Reston Town Center next year (3144 views)
- All-you-can-eat Korean BBQ coming to Merrifield from Centreville’s Meat Project (2965 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Fairfax County, from our event calendar.
- 8:00 pm: Jurassic Park in Concert
Here are the events planned for Sunday:
☀️ Saturday’s forecast
The weather forecast for Saturday is mostly sunny with a high of approximately 86 degrees and a northwestern wind at around 7 mph. On Saturday night, expect mostly clear skies and a low around 66 degrees. A north wind around 6 mph will become calm in the evening. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
The assessment fees that Reston Association members pay every year are expected to go up again in 2024, based on a newly proposed budget. To cover the actual costs of…
German-owned grocery chain Lidl is almost ready to unveil its brand-new location in the heart of Tysons. Next week, the chain is opening a new store in Pike 7 Plaza…
A Bailey’s Crossroads resident has been arrested after allegedly threatening violence at a church in Haymarket. Rui Jiang, 35, posted multiple “threatening” messages to his Instagram account on Sunday (Sept….
Get Prepared for Flu Season — “The Fairfax County Health Department is encouraging everyone six months and older to prepare for flu season by getting a flu vaccine and reminding…
If you have been thinking about buying your first home or haven’t owned one in the last three years, THIS IS FOR YOU!
In the DMV area, it can be difficult to save the downpayment necessary for you to get into your own home. We have a solution. The Funder’s Summit!
We have assembled a summit with different municipalities to tell you how to access their funds for your home purchase.
Our local therapy practice is delighted to welcome Stacey Cali, Resident in Counseling, who has openings now for new clients. Stacey specializes in therapy for women, couples, teens and families. A graduate of George Mason University’s Clinical Mental Health Counseling Masters Program, Stacey is also passionate about working with people with addiction.
Stacey’s approach: “Therapy’s a powerful combination of reflection, support and action. You’ll find sessions are filled with empowerment, compassion, goal setting and a metaphorical shovel to dig deep to find the root of your difficulties and how to move past them.”
Adds Stacey, “As a therapist who works with women, teens, couples and families, I use a personalized style of counseling, tailored to you as an individual. You’re the expert in your life, I’m just here to guide you towards transformation and healing.”
Celebrate Reston’s diverse and inspiring architecture on this self-guided tour of seven stunning properties. The Tour showcases spectacular homes, each transformed by its owners’ style. By capitalizing on Reston’s lush green space, many with lake views, these homes highlight what