Good Friday evening! Today we published 7 articles that were read a total of 6356 times on FFXnow alone, so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today (Aug 4, 2023)…
- UPDATED: Snakeden Branch stream safe after cause of dead fish found, Reston Association says
- Purée Juice Bar has left The Boro in Tysons
- Big Blue Swim School dives into Springfield with grand opening this week
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- County revises vision for mixed-use Pan Am shopping center after community input (10147 views)
- Family-owned sandwich spot opens in Reston (8362 views)
- Brown Bag restaurant in Reston’s Plaza America folds permanently (7380 views)
- Lack of participation in Reston Association by new developments raises concerns (7071 views)
- Athletic field in Herndon likely slated for affordable housing development (5761 views)
- Future Route 7 lanes officially set aside for Tysons bus rapid transit (5342 views)
- Driver arrested for Burke Centre Parkway crash that killed 17-year-old (4666 views)
- Supporters and opponents make their case on county’s off-street parking overhaul (4303 views)
- High-rise apartment building approved for office complex near Spring Hill Metro (3717 views)
- Potentially harmful algae found at Reston’s Lake Anne (3267 views)
- Vision for development area near Herndon Metro Station begins to coalesce (3161 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Fairfax County, from our event calendar.
- 8:30 am: New Member Recruiting Event for Moms
- 11:00 am: The Magic of Wes Iseli
- 12:00 pm: “Magic & Mystery” Art Show
- 2:00 pm: Q&A with author Andrew Joseph White
- 8:00 pm: Lyle Lovett and his Large Band
Here are the events planned for Sunday:
- 8:00 pm: Jason Mraz and His Superband
🌤️ Saturday’s forecast
In the morning, expect patchy fog until 9am, followed by mostly cloudy skies throughout the day and a high temperature near 88°F. A gentle north wind at 3 to 7 mph will persist. During Saturday night, the cloud cover will gradually clear, leading to mostly clear skies, and a low temperature of around 67°F. A light northeast wind will blow at 3 to 6 mph. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA and D.C. with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or Laura@GuidingYourMove.com. I…
Electric buses have at last joined Northern Virginia’s largest local bus fleet. Fairfax Connector launched the eight battery-powered vehicles out of its West Ox Operations and Maintenance Center (4970 Alliance…
Reston Association’s Board of Directors has a new vacancy. Mike Collins — who represents apartment owners within RA’s membership — resigned Friday (Sept. 29). Collins, who also served as the…
Prepare for competing “interactive experiences” at Tysons Corner Center this winter, when the year of Mattel will continue with the worldwide debut of its Hot Wheels Champion Experience. After making…
Explore your creative side this fall at Art House 7 with our Fall 2 Session of art classes beginning October 30th. Whether you’re a budding artist or looking to unleash your artistic potential with something new, there’s a class for everyone!
Short and Drop-In Classes:
Dive into creativity with our short-term offerings, including a 3-week still-life painting course, a 3-week knitting class, a 5-week Painting the Portrait and Figure workshop led by acclaimed local artist Danni Dawson, and a mesmerizing 4-week exploration of Japanese Suminagashi and modern paper marbling. Plus, we have a drop-in class specially designed for parents and toddlers (2-4 years old) to introduce them to the world of art.
Public invited: “Fur-th Birthday” brunch celebration for Woofie’s of South Riding-Aldie, Sunday, October 8 at The Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar
Woofie’s of South Riding-Aldie, providing premium mobile pet services throughout Aldie, Middleburg, South Riding is celebrating its fourth anniversary with expansion to Centreville and Chantilly and its fourth Woofie’s pet grooming van. The franchise, owned and operated by Loudoun County residents, husband/wife team Sebaot Gebre and Teferi Dejene, has grown by 900% since its first full year in business.
• Mobile pet spa grooming
• Dog walking
• Pet sitting
• In-home or overnight pet sitting
• Customizable services
We invite you to join us at STEAMOLOGY’s annual FREE STEM Fest for elementary and middle school students, taking place on Saturday, October 14th at South County High School, 8501 Silverbrook Rd, Lorton, VA 22079.
STEM Fest is an exciting