Labor Day weekend in Fairfax County is filled with events and activities for all ages! Here are a few to definitely consider adding to your plans.
- Labor Day Car Show (City of Fairfax): This annual car show brings together automotive enthusiasts to showcase a diverse array of classic cars, hot rods, and vintage vehicles. Visitors can enjoy live music, food vendors, and a chance to explore Downtown Fairfax.
- Superheroes Host Kids & Family Labor Day Festival (Tysons): Join Captain America, Spiderman, and Wonder Woman in a fun-filled day for all ages. There will be moonbounces, photobooths, outdoor games and activities, and more! Spend the day with the coolest superheroes and have an unforgettable family day!
- Outdoor Escapes: Enjoy the natural beauty of Fairfax County by hiking in Great Falls Park, Burke Lake Park, or exploring the trails at Mason Neck State Park. If you’re up for a bit of adventure, consider kayaking or canoeing along the Potomac River (check out previous Lakeside video).
- Visit Historic Sites: Fairfax County is rich in history. Take the opportunity to explore sites like George Washington’s Mount Vernon, Gunston Hall, and the Civil War Interpretive Center at Historic Blenheim. Guided tours and demonstrations offer a glimpse into the past.
- City of Fairfax Farmers Market: Don’t miss the opportunity to visit the City of Fairfax Farmers Market over the weekend. Explore local produce, baked goods, artisan crafts, and more while supporting local vendors and enjoying the community atmosphere.
- Wineries & Breweries: Spend a leisurely day at the local wineries and breweries. Enjoy wine tastings at places like Paradise Springs Winery and Winery at Bull Run or sample craft beers at Fair Winds Brewing Company.
Get ready to kick back and enjoy the last splash of summer this Labor Day! Pick activities that make you smile and suit your style. Have a blast and make this Labor Day uniquely yours!
Explore Fairfax with Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney.
German-owned grocery chain Lidl is almost ready to unveil its brand-new location in the heart of Tysons. Next week, the chain is opening a new store in Pike 7 Plaza…
A Bailey’s Crossroads resident has been arrested after allegedly threatening violence at a church in Haymarket. Rui Jiang, 35, posted multiple “threatening” messages to his Instagram account on Sunday (Sept….
Get Prepared for Flu Season — “The Fairfax County Health Department is encouraging everyone six months and older to prepare for flu season by getting a flu vaccine and reminding…
Good Monday evening! Today we published 7 articles that were read a total of 9063 times on FFXnow alone, so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles…
If you have been thinking about buying your first home or haven’t owned one in the last three years, THIS IS FOR YOU!
In the DMV area, it can be difficult to save the downpayment necessary for you to get into your own home. We have a solution. The Funder’s Summit!
We have assembled a summit with different municipalities to tell you how to access their funds for your home purchase.
Our local therapy practice is delighted to welcome Stacey Cali, Resident in Counseling, who has openings now for new clients. Stacey specializes in therapy for women, couples, teens and families. A graduate of George Mason University’s Clinical Mental Health Counseling Masters Program, Stacey is also passionate about working with people with addiction.
Stacey’s approach: “Therapy’s a powerful combination of reflection, support and action. You’ll find sessions are filled with empowerment, compassion, goal setting and a metaphorical shovel to dig deep to find the root of your difficulties and how to move past them.”
Adds Stacey, “As a therapist who works with women, teens, couples and families, I use a personalized style of counseling, tailored to you as an individual. You’re the expert in your life, I’m just here to guide you towards transformation and healing.”
Celebrate Reston’s diverse and inspiring architecture on this self-guided tour of seven stunning properties. The Tour showcases spectacular homes, each transformed by its owners’ style. By capitalizing on Reston’s lush green space, many with lake views, these homes highlight what