News

One injured in Reston apartment fire

Crews believe the fire originated in the bathroom of the apartment (Photo via Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department).

One individual was injured in a Reston apartment fire that broke out shortly before midnight last night (Thursday).

The fire broke out in garden-style apartments in the 1400 block of Esplanade Court, according to the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department.

The man was treated for non-life threatening injuries.

Crews believe the fire — which was extinguished —started in the bathroom. The cause of the blaze was not immediately known.