Good Friday evening! Today we published 8 articles that were read a total of 6025 times on FFXnow alone, so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today (Sep 8, 2023)…
- NEW: Widespread power outage reported near Lee Highway in Chantilly
- Demolition of blighted buildings at Lake Fairfax Park to begin this month
- McLean Citizens Association backs new guidelines to shape the look of downtown McLean
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- JUST IN: Police respond at Springfield Mall for man ‘experiencing a crisis’ (11348 views)
- Town awaits resubmission of plans for Herndon Biergarten (5638 views)
- Thriller novelist David Baldacci headlines county library’s new Local Author Book Festival (5065 views)
- Reggae on the Lake festival returns to Lake Anne Plaza (4639 views)
- Driver charged in fatal pedestrian crash at Kirby Road crosswalk in McLean (3036 views)
- New Fairfax Fiesta in Tysons this month celebrates Hispanic heritage through music and food (2331 views)
- Reston Association hires new director of communications, community engagement (1443 views)
- Neighborhood Expert: Apple picking in Northern Virginia (1410 views)
- NEW: Severe Thunderstorm Warning in effect for Fairfax County (1390 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Fairfax County, from our event calendar.
- 8:00 am: Food for Others Tysons 5K and Fun Run
- 9:00 am: Vienna Smiles Presents: Community Dental Day
- 11:00 am: Story Time with June Smalls
- 👉 12:00 pm: Calling First-time Moms in Reston!
- 2:00 pm: Book launch: “The Spirit Bares Its Teeth” by Andrew Joseph White
- 4:00 pm: Truck & Toss
- 8:00 pm: Robert Glasper
Here are the events planned for Sunday:
- 12:00 pm: Healthy Together Fairfax
- 1:00 pm: Author talk: Angie Kim on “Happiness Falls”
- 2:00 pm: Lasting Impressions: Paint and Paper Vignettes
🌦️ Saturday’s forecast
There is a 40% chance of intermittent showers and thunderstorms throughout the day, with patchy fog before 8am and mostly cloudy skies. Temperatures will reach a high of around 86°F, with calm winds turning southerly at 5-7 mph in the afternoon. On Saturday night, the chance of precipitation increases to 50%, with mostly cloudy conditions and a low around 69°F, accompanied by southeast winds at 5-8 mph. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Good Friday evening! Today we published 8 articles that were read a total of 10957 times on FFXnow alone, so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles…
A 17-year veteran of the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department has been arrested for allegedly stealing drugs stored at two stations for her personal use, police announced today (Friday)….
A total of six new Capital Bikeshare stations may soon arrive around the Innovation Center Metro station. The Fairfax County Department of Transportation will host a meeting this coming Wednesday…
Tysons Corner Center can move forward with new plans for its next phase of development. After a public hearing on Tuesday (Sept. 26), the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors approved…
Public invited: “Fur-th Birthday” brunch celebration for Woofie’s of South Riding-Aldie, Sunday, October 8 at The Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar
Woofie’s of South Riding-Aldie, providing premium mobile pet services throughout Aldie, Middleburg, South Riding is celebrating its fourth anniversary with expansion to Centreville and Chantilly and its fourth Woofie’s pet grooming van. The franchise, owned and operated by Loudoun County residents, husband/wife team Sebaot Gebre and Teferi Dejene, has grown by 900% since its first full year in business.
• Mobile pet spa grooming
• Dog walking
• Pet sitting
• In-home or overnight pet sitting
• Customizable services
If you have been thinking about buying your first home or haven’t owned one in the last three years, THIS IS FOR YOU!
In the DMV area, it can be difficult to save the downpayment necessary for you to get into your own home. We have a solution. The Funder’s Summit!
We have assembled a summit with different municipalities to tell you how to access their funds for your home purchase.
We invite you to join us at STEAMOLOGY’s annual FREE STEM Fest for elementary and middle school students, taking place on Saturday, October 14th at South County High School, 8501 Silverbrook Rd, Lorton, VA 22079.
STEM Fest is an exciting