Good Friday evening! Today we published 6 articles that were read a total of 7805 times on FFXnow alone, so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today (Sep 15, 2023)…
- County poised to swap land with Inova for Reston Town Center North site
- Fairfax County ignites plan to crack down on illegal fireworks use
- Morning Notes
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- New festival to celebrate Virginia coming to Tysons Corner Center (14331 views)
- Fairfax County board approves overhaul of Reston Comprehensive Plan (7081 views)
- County board allows housing at Merrifield’s Pan Am Shopping Center (4791 views)
- Police search for robbery suspect who threatened to kidnap child in Reston (3356 views)
- Starbucks is coming (again) to The Spectrum in Reston (3331 views)
- Former Army employee charged with killing West Springfield woman in 1994 (2882 views)
- Green iguana reported on the loose in Reston (2303 views)
- Fairfax County to get updated COVID-19 vaccines amid surge in illness (1815 views)
- Man dead after breaking into Springfield home while nude, police say (1336 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Fairfax County, from our event calendar.
Here are the events planned for Sunday:
- 3:00 pm: CenterStage Cinema – Everything Everywhere all at Once
- 8:00 pm: Ray LaMontagne
☀️ Saturday’s forecast
The upcoming forecast indicates sunny weather with a high temperature near 82°F, accompanied by a northwest wind of 5 to 7 mph. During Saturday night, expect mostly clear skies, low temperatures around 56°F, and gentle, variable winds. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Reston Association is approaching a crossroads in its project to convert tennis courts at Barton Hill into pickleball courts. The organization is now considering two potential designs for the facility…
Drivers will now have to pay more if they exceed the speed limit on Linway Terrace in McLean. The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors gave its support yesterday (Tuesday) to…
The owner of a local “exotic” snack shop has been arrested as part of a drug ring investigation by county police. Last week, the Fairfax County Police Department announced it…
1st Stage, Tysons’ premier theatre company, is proud to announce its upcoming production of The Chosen. Based on Chaim Potok’s acclaimed novel, this captivating play explores the powerful themes of friendship,…
If you have been thinking about buying your first home or haven’t owned one in the last three years, THIS IS FOR YOU!
In the DMV area, it can be difficult to save the downpayment necessary for you to get into your own home. We have a solution. The Funder’s Summit!
We have assembled a summit with different municipalities to tell you how to access their funds for your home purchase.
Our local therapy practice is delighted to welcome Stacey Cali, Resident in Counseling, who has openings now for new clients. Stacey specializes in therapy for women, couples, teens and families. A graduate of George Mason University’s Clinical Mental Health Counseling Masters Program, Stacey is also passionate about working with people with addiction.
Stacey’s approach: “Therapy’s a powerful combination of reflection, support and action. You’ll find sessions are filled with empowerment, compassion, goal setting and a metaphorical shovel to dig deep to find the root of your difficulties and how to move past them.”
Adds Stacey, “As a therapist who works with women, teens, couples and families, I use a personalized style of counseling, tailored to you as an individual. You’re the expert in your life, I’m just here to guide you towards transformation and healing.”
Workshops on: ~ Meditation ~ Intro to Tarot: The Aces and Major Arcana
~ Ageless Aging ~ Past Life Regression ~ Animal Communication and Healing
~ Psychometry ~ Spiritual Healing ~ Self Soul Love ~ Consciously Clearing Clutter ~ Awareness/Mindfulness/Consciousness.