As a mom of three little ones (twins included), I understand the challenges of finding the perfect family-friendly restaurants in Fairfax County.
Dining out with kids can sometimes feel like a daunting task, but fear not! I’ve put together a list of our top five favorite spots that we visit frequently, where we consistently enjoy wonderful experiences. From Tex-Mex to fresh seafood and even upscale dining, these restaurants have something for every family.
- Urbano is a gem in Mosaic District, offering a delightful blend of Mexican and Latin flavors. This family-friendly restaurant provides an upbeat atmosphere that parents and kids alike can appreciate. Their menu features a variety of dishes, including mouthwatering tacos, flavorful burritos, kid’s fresca drinks (that are a huge hit in our family), and fresh guacamole. Urbano is an excellent choice for a family night out.
- Chuy’s is a must visit for those craving Tex-Mex cuisine in a lively and colorful setting. Located in Fairfax County, this restaurant goes the extra mile to make families feel welcome. Kids receive coloring sheets and crayons to keep them entertained while you browse the extensive menu. From scrumptious tacos to cheesy enchiladas, Chuy’s has something for everyone. Don’t forget to try their famous creamy jalapeño dip — it’s a hit with the whole family!
- Fish Taco offers a delightful fusion of fresh seafood and Mexican flavors right here in Fairfax County. This family-friendly spot in Tysons boasts a relaxed and casual ambiance, making it perfect for parents with kids in tow. Their menu includes mouthwatering fish tacos, shrimp burritos, and delectable house-made guacamole. The little ones are not forgotten, as they offer a kid’s menu with smaller portions for the younger members of the family.
- Coastal Flats (and all of the Great American Restaurants): The Great American Restaurants group is renowned for providing exceptional dining experiences for families in Fairfax County. Coastal Flats, a part of this esteemed group, stands out for its warm and welcoming atmosphere and delectable American cuisine. Known for their fresh seafood dishes, tender steaks, and signature flatbreads, this restaurant offers a diverse menu to cater to every palate. With an extensive kid’s menu featuring classics like mac ‘n’ cheese and chicken tenders, Coastal Flats is the ideal destination for family gatherings or a night out with the little ones.
- For a slightly more upscale yet family-friendly dining experience, Seasons 52 in Fairfax County is an excellent choice. This restaurant offers a seasonal menu with fresh ingredients and healthier options. What sets Seasons 52 apart is their commitment to providing balanced meals for children. The kid’s menu features items like grilled chicken, mini-indulgence desserts, and fresh fruit — all served in kid-sized portions. The elegant and comfortable setting makes it a great option for special family occasions or a night out with the whole family.
Enjoy making family memories and eating so much yumminess!
Explore Fairfax with Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney.
Good Friday evening, Fairfax County. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier…
Friday night’s performance by comedian Nate Bargatze is expected to draw the largest crowd ever to EagleBank Arena on the Fairfax campus of George Mason University, according to Monumental Sports…
Reston Association has adopted a new strategic plan that aims to continue the vision of Reston’s founder Bob Simon over the next three years.
A 93-year-old woman died earlier this week from injuries she sustained in a car crash on Leesburg Pike (Route 7) in Bailey’s Crossroads, police say. Gladys Bilbao, a Falls Church…
Great Clips at South Lakes Village Center (Reston, Virginia) is seeking hair donors to participate in the Wigs for Kids program this Valentines Week. If you meet the minimum requirements and would like to donate your hair for children fighting cancer, we would love to host you in our salon this Valentine’s Week for a free haircut.
Hair donations must be a minimum of 12 inches
Hair donations must be clean and stored/packaged completely dry.
Hair donations cannot be permed, color-treated, or highlighted.
Temporary coloring or highlights that wash out are acceptable but must be completely washed out before cutting. Gray hair is accepted.
Peace in Gaza: Prayer Liturgy and Community Discussion for Peace in Arlington VA, Sunday, Feb. 11, 10:15 AM
Prayer, liturgy, and community discussion for peace in Gaza, an immediate cease fire and resumption of humanitarian aid will be hosted by Nova Catholic Community. The focus will be Pope Francis’ call for an immediate ceasefire, the release of all hostages, resumption of humanitarian aid for Palestinians in Gaza, and peace talks for a lasting and just peace for all people in the region.
Discussion will follow at Noon on US military role in the conflict and appropriate steps the US should take to foster peace and rebuilding. Light lunch served.
The Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) Active Bystander Certification course, also known as Active Bystander, is the premier training program to prepare civilians for how to respond during an intentional violent event and to address life-threatening emergencies.
Similar to FEMA’s