Good Friday evening! Today we published 8 articles that were read a total of 10957 times on FFXnow alone, so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today (Sep 29, 2023)…
- NEW: County fire lieutenant arrested for stealing drugs from stations
- Raccoon hit by vehicles near West Falls Church had rabies, city warns
- County board approves changes to Tysons Corner Center’s development plan
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- Local snack shop owner arrested for distributing narcotics and money laundering (19829 views)
- Chantilly data center gets greenlight from planning commission after tense hearing (6025 views)
- Lidl launching new Tysons grocery store next week (5416 views)
- Reconfigured Route 7 and Lewinsville Road intersection to open tomorrow (5379 views)
- Report: Comstock wants a casino in Reston, but state legislation still needed (4974 views)
- Fairfax Station man dies after two-vehicle crash on Ox Road (4410 views)
- Heavier fines approved for speeders outside McLean park (4022 views)
- Police: Pedestrian killed on Capital Beltway ramp to Route 50 (3102 views)
- Reston Association proposes increase in member dues, which will cover recreation passes (3102 views)
- Fairfax County ties parking to density with first regulatory overhaul in 35 years (2908 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Fairfax County, from our event calendar.
- 8:00 am: Annual “Scenes in the City” Plein Air Festival Brings Art to Falls Church from
- 8:30 am: Community Yard Sale
- 👉 9:00 am: FREE Paper Shredding & Food Pantry Collection
- 9:00 am: Fairfax Funky Flea
- 10:00 am: Reston Farm Garden Market Fall Festival
- 👉 12:00 pm: Virginia Spirits Expo
- 2:00 pm: Author Thomas J. Baker
- 3:00 pm: Mandy Patinkin and Kathryn Grody
- 7:00 pm: The Alloy Project
- 8:30 pm: Renée Elise Goldsberry in Concert
Here are the events planned for Sunday:
- 12:30 pm: Vienna CROP Hunger Walk
- 👉 1:00 pm: Northern Virginia EV Showcase – Electrify Your Ride
🌥️ Saturday’s forecast
The forecast for Saturday consists of mostly cloudy skies, with temperatures reaching a high of around 71 degrees and a north wind blowing at 7 to 9 mph. During Saturday night, expect some patchy fog after 5am and partly cloudy skies, with a low of about 57 degrees. The north wind will decrease to 5 mph and then become calm later in the night. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Good Wednesday evening, Fairfax County. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier…
Fairfax Connector will pull into the Fairfax County Government Center soon for its first-ever Winterfest. Space is quickly disappearing for the public bus system’s holiday event, which will take place…
A solo exhibition by sculptor and microbiologist Kendall Buster will descend on Reston’s Tephra Institute of Contemporary Art on Dec. 9. The exhibit, SEED, is presented in conjunction with Buster’s…
A coffee shop inspired by Saudi Arabia’s cafe culture is now bringing that hip energy to both Tysons malls.
Shotted has gained a loyal following, especially within the D.C. area’s Muslim community, since opening a kiosk at Tysons Corner Center in 2020. Three years later, Shotted has expanded for the first time with a new branch in Tysons Galleria.
The Georgetown Visitation Masqueraders proudly present
Descendants The Musical
Art House 7 warmly welcomes you to our upcoming Fall 2 session of classes starting on October 30th. We’re thrilled to offer a diverse range of mediums and flexible class lengths, catering to a wide age range, starting from as young as 2, and, of course, providing a multitude of engaging options for adults!
Our classes cover an exciting spectrum of creative mediums, including fiber arts such as knitting, modern embroidery, crochet, and sewing. We also offer classes in ceramics on the wheel, drawing, watercolor, gouache, oil, acrylic, still-life painting, and captivating Japanese Suminagashi and printmaking. One of the highlights of this session is the highly anticipated 5-week “Painting the Portrait and Figure” workshop, led by the renowned local artist, Danni Dawson.
For our younger artists, we have specially designed classes like “Art Exploration through Impressionism” for students in kindergarten through 5th grade, an engaging “Art Together” parent-child class designed for 2–4-year-olds, and a “Teen Taught Art Club” tailored for kindergarteners through 4th graders.
The Ravel Dance Company will present the beloved holiday tradition The Nutcracker. It is Christmas Eve and the Stahlbaum family’s daughter Clara has received a Nutcracker from the mysterious toymaker and godfather Herr Drosselmeyer. Follow her journey through the Pine