Good Tuesday evening, Fairfax County. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar.
🕗 News recap
The following articles were published earlier today — Oct 17, 2023.
- 8:15 am: Morning Notes | 🗣️ Comments
- 9:30 am: Fairfax ‘landmark’ Coyote Grille goes dark after 21 years | 🗣️ Comments
- 10:30 am: Candy maker Mars entices county planning commission with HQ expansion proposal | 🗣️ Comments
- 11:30 am: Reston zoo Nova Wild introduces two new two-toed sloths | 🗣️ Comments
- 1:15 pm: Chantilly corporate center eyed for housing with gardens inspired by county park | 🗣️ Comments
- 2:30 pm: Great Falls ‘handcrafted’ boutique makes move to the Mosaic District | 🗣️ Comments
- 3:10 pm: Police: Man shot by crossbow in Bailey’s Crossroads | 🗣️ Comments
- 3:45 pm: Carry-out empanadas shop launching soon in Reston, Great Falls and Chantilly | 🗣️ Comments
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Wednesday throughout the county, from our event calendar.
☀️ Wednesday’s forecast
The weather forecast predicts a mostly sunny day with a high temperature near 65°F and a light northwest wind of 3 to 5 mph. Wednesday night is expected to be partly cloudy, with the temperature dropping to around 48°F, and a gentle southeast breeze of around 5 mph. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
Thanks for reading! Feel free to discuss the day’s happenings in the comments.
Good Friday evening, Fairfax County. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier…
Reston Association is seeking candidates for its 2024 Board of Directors’ election. Four seats are open for the election, which will take place in March. Specifically, two at-large director seats…
Zombies, pirates and other virtual characters are about to be unleashed on Tysons, just in time for Christmas. Sandbox VR will launch its new virtual reality gaming experience at 1656…
Do the holidays have you stressed and busy? Worry not about what to wear as Live Fairfax has the Style Survival Guide for this season!
The Georgetown Visitation Masqueraders proudly present
Descendants The Musical
Art House 7 warmly welcomes you to our upcoming Fall 2 session of classes starting on October 30th. We’re thrilled to offer a diverse range of mediums and flexible class lengths, catering to a wide age range, starting from as young as 2, and, of course, providing a multitude of engaging options for adults!
Our classes cover an exciting spectrum of creative mediums, including fiber arts such as knitting, modern embroidery, crochet, and sewing. We also offer classes in ceramics on the wheel, drawing, watercolor, gouache, oil, acrylic, still-life painting, and captivating Japanese Suminagashi and printmaking. One of the highlights of this session is the highly anticipated 5-week “Painting the Portrait and Figure” workshop, led by the renowned local artist, Danni Dawson.
For our younger artists, we have specially designed classes like “Art Exploration through Impressionism” for students in kindergarten through 5th grade, an engaging “Art Together” parent-child class designed for 2–4-year-olds, and a “Teen Taught Art Club” tailored for kindergarteners through 4th graders.