Good Tuesday evening, Fairfax County. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar.
🕗 News recap
The following articles were published earlier today — Nov 7, 2023.
- 8:15 am: Morning Notes | 🗣️ Comments
- 9:30 am: Longtime ArtsFairfax leader to retire after expanding nonprofit’s role in community | 🗣️ Comments
- 10:30 am: First-ever Winterfest to light up Reston this holiday season | 🗣️ Comments
- 11:30 am: Free meals truck seeks to stay long-term at Lewinsville Senior Center in McLean | 🗣️ Comments
- 1:30 pm: Sixty Vines to open next month in former Clyde’s at Reston Town Center | 🗣️ Comments
- 1:30 pm: Mount Vernon man sentenced to prison for filing fake tax returns | 🗣️ Comments
- 3:30 pm: McLean Project for the Arts to celebrate art and jazz at potential second location | 🗣️ Comments
- 6:10 pm: Bailey’s Crossroads shopping center partly evacuated for ‘utility emergency’ | 🗣️ Comments
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Wednesday throughout the county, from our event calendar.
☀️ Wednesday’s forecast
Expect sunshine and a high around 61, accompanied by a gentle 6 mph north wind shifting to a lighter, variable breeze. On Wednesday night, skies will become mostly cloudy, with the temperature dropping to around 49, while a 7 mph southeast wind persists. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
Thanks for reading! Feel free to discuss the day’s happenings in the comments.
Good Tuesday evening, Fairfax County. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier…
Nearly a mile of Hunter Mill Road in Reston has been closed in response to an outside gas leak in a residential neighborhood. The Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department…
The Food Star site in Bailey’s Crossroads is officially open for redevelopment. At a meeting on Nov. 21, the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors unanimously approved a plan amendment to…
A new bank is coming to Reston’s Campus Commons development. Capital Bank appears to be opening a location at 1900 Campus Commons Drive in Suite 130, according to Fairfax County…
The Georgetown Visitation Masqueraders proudly present
Descendants The Musical
Art House 7 warmly welcomes you to our upcoming Fall 2 session of classes starting on October 30th. We’re thrilled to offer a diverse range of mediums and flexible class lengths, catering to a wide age range, starting from as young as 2, and, of course, providing a multitude of engaging options for adults!
Our classes cover an exciting spectrum of creative mediums, including fiber arts such as knitting, modern embroidery, crochet, and sewing. We also offer classes in ceramics on the wheel, drawing, watercolor, gouache, oil, acrylic, still-life painting, and captivating Japanese Suminagashi and printmaking. One of the highlights of this session is the highly anticipated 5-week “Painting the Portrait and Figure” workshop, led by the renowned local artist, Danni Dawson.
For our younger artists, we have specially designed classes like “Art Exploration through Impressionism” for students in kindergarten through 5th grade, an engaging “Art Together” parent-child class designed for 2–4-year-olds, and a “Teen Taught Art Club” tailored for kindergarteners through 4th graders.
The Ravel Dance Company will present the beloved holiday tradition The Nutcracker. It is Christmas Eve and the Stahlbaum family’s daughter Clara has received a Nutcracker from the mysterious toymaker and godfather Herr Drosselmeyer. Follow her journey through the Pine