Good Tuesday evening, Fairfax County. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar.
🕗 News recap
The following articles were published earlier today — Nov 14, 2023.
- 8:15 am: Morning Notes | 🗣️ Comments
- 9:30 am: French bistro Mon Ami Gabi to close Reston location by year’s end | 🗣️ Comments
- 10:15 am: McLean boys’ volleyball team wins title, as sport seeks varsity status in FCPS | 🗣️ Comments
- 11:00 am: Best Buns to open Springfield bakery after Thanksgiving | 🗣️ Comments
- 11:45 am: Construction of triple roundabouts coming soon to Fairfax County Parkway | 🗣️ Comments
- 1:15 pm: As Reston art gallery Tephra ICA turns 50, fundraising for new location begins | 🗣️ Comments
- 2:30 pm: Two Tysons restaurants will celebrate end of Prohibiton for D.C. Cocktail Week | 🗣️ Comments
- 3:30 pm: Virginia voters gave Democrats control of the legislature. What will it mean for policy? | 🗣️ Comments
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Wednesday throughout the county, from our event calendar.
- 4:30 pm: GMU Visiting Filmmakers Series: BAD PRESS
- 7:00 pm: Bellbottoms and Disco: Reston’s Place in the Commonwealth in the 60s and 70s
- 7:00 pm: Volunteer: Help us Bag Candy
🌤️ Wednesday’s forecast
Expect partly sunny skies and a high near 57, as calm winds shift to the south at 5 to 8 mph in the morning. Into Wednesday night, the skies will be partly cloudy, with lows around 37 and south winds continuing at 5 to 8 mph. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
Thanks for reading! Feel free to discuss the day’s happenings in the comments.
A plan to redevelop the site of the Franconia Governmental Center into an affordable housing development won’t move forward until the new year. At a meeting last Tuesday (Dec. 5),…
One of the Town of Herndon’s staple events is officially no more. The Herndon Festival has been canceled for good, the town’s parks and recreation department announced today (Monday). In…
A car wash site on Route 7 in Tysons is ready to roll with a fresh coat of paint and a new company in charge.
Mr Wash Car Wash began operating at 8218 Leesburg Pike on Thursday (Dec. 7), replacing the long-standing Champion Hand Car Wash.
Neighborhood Expert gives a recap of the Vienna Community Power Pack Event that provides weekend meals for students experiencing food insecurity.
The Georgetown Visitation Masqueraders proudly present
Descendants The Musical
Art House 7 warmly welcomes you to our upcoming Fall 2 session of classes starting on October 30th. We’re thrilled to offer a diverse range of mediums and flexible class lengths, catering to a wide age range, starting from as young as 2, and, of course, providing a multitude of engaging options for adults!
Our classes cover an exciting spectrum of creative mediums, including fiber arts such as knitting, modern embroidery, crochet, and sewing. We also offer classes in ceramics on the wheel, drawing, watercolor, gouache, oil, acrylic, still-life painting, and captivating Japanese Suminagashi and printmaking. One of the highlights of this session is the highly anticipated 5-week “Painting the Portrait and Figure” workshop, led by the renowned local artist, Danni Dawson.
For our younger artists, we have specially designed classes like “Art Exploration through Impressionism” for students in kindergarten through 5th grade, an engaging “Art Together” parent-child class designed for 2–4-year-olds, and a “Teen Taught Art Club” tailored for kindergarteners through 4th graders.