Good Thursday evening, Fairfax County. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar.
🕗 News recap
The following articles were published earlier today — Nov 16, 2023.
- 8:15 am: Morning Notes | 🗣️ Comments
- 9:30 am: Old Town Fairfax buildings to be razed soon for mixed-use condo development | 🗣️ Comments
- 10:15 am: Report: D.C. Chinatown food hall plans expansion to Tysons | 🗣️ Comments
- 11:00 am: Reston Association: No immediate plan to treat algae blooms on Thoreau, Audubon lakes | 🗣️ Comments
- 11:45 am: MS-13 member pleads guilty to helping murder teen at Annandale park in 2016 | 🗣️ Comments
- 1:15 pm: Vote on proposal to preserve Vienna’s tree canopy delayed to 2024 | 🗣️ Comments
- 2:30 pm: Building permit review underway for stalled downtown Herndon redevelopment | 🗣️ Comments
- 3:30 pm: Fairfax City evaluates usage, cost of high-tech portable restrooms | 🗣️ Comments
- 4:45 pm: Most and least expensive townhouses sold in Fairfax County (October 2023) | 🗣️ Comments
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Friday throughout the county, from our event calendar.
- 4:00 pm: Saint Anthony of Padua Open House
🌤️ Friday’s forecast
Patchy fog is expected to clear by 9am, making way for partly sunny skies and a high near 68. A south wind will be blowing at 6 to 11 mph, gusting up to 20 mph. On Friday night, there’s a slight chance of showers and mostly cloudy conditions with a low around 50. The south wind at 5 to 7 mph will shift to the northwest after midnight, and the chance of precipitation stands at 20%. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
Thanks for reading! Feel free to discuss the day’s happenings in the comments.
Good Tuesday evening, Fairfax County. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier…
Nearly a mile of Hunter Mill Road in Reston has been closed in response to an outside gas leak in a residential neighborhood. The Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department…
The Food Star site in Bailey’s Crossroads is officially open for redevelopment. At a meeting on Nov. 21, the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors unanimously approved a plan amendment to…
A new bank is coming to Reston’s Campus Commons development. Capital Bank appears to be opening a location at 1900 Campus Commons Drive in Suite 130, according to Fairfax County…
The Georgetown Visitation Masqueraders proudly present
Descendants The Musical
Art House 7 warmly welcomes you to our upcoming Fall 2 session of classes starting on October 30th. We’re thrilled to offer a diverse range of mediums and flexible class lengths, catering to a wide age range, starting from as young as 2, and, of course, providing a multitude of engaging options for adults!
Our classes cover an exciting spectrum of creative mediums, including fiber arts such as knitting, modern embroidery, crochet, and sewing. We also offer classes in ceramics on the wheel, drawing, watercolor, gouache, oil, acrylic, still-life painting, and captivating Japanese Suminagashi and printmaking. One of the highlights of this session is the highly anticipated 5-week “Painting the Portrait and Figure” workshop, led by the renowned local artist, Danni Dawson.
For our younger artists, we have specially designed classes like “Art Exploration through Impressionism” for students in kindergarten through 5th grade, an engaging “Art Together” parent-child class designed for 2–4-year-olds, and a “Teen Taught Art Club” tailored for kindergarteners through 4th graders.
The Ravel Dance Company will present the beloved holiday tradition The Nutcracker. It is Christmas Eve and the Stahlbaum family’s daughter Clara has received a Nutcracker from the mysterious toymaker and godfather Herr Drosselmeyer. Follow her journey through the Pine