Good Monday evening, Fairfax County. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar.
🕗 News recap
The following articles were published earlier today — Nov 27, 2023.
- 8:15 am: Morning Notes | 🗣️ Comments
- 9:30 am: Replacement of Lee, Lee-Jackson highway street signs underway | 🗣️ Comments
- 10:15 am: Man suffers life-threatening injuries after scooter crash near Reston Hospital | 🗣️ Comments
- 11:00 am: New McLean elementary school boundaries recommended to alleviate Kent Gardens crowding | 🗣️ Comments
- 11:45 am: Police seek help finding missing teenager in Great Falls | 🗣️ Comments
- 1:30 pm: Reston Association approves fee increases in 2024 budget | 🗣️ Comments
- 2:30 pm: Korean fried chicken eatery, bb.q Chicken, is now open in Tysons | 🗣️ Comments
- 3:30 pm: Fairfax County updates zoning rules to allow brighter outdoor signs | 🗣️ Comments
- 6:00 pm: NEW: Teen dies from injuries in Idylwood crash that hospitalized six | 🗣️ Comments
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Tuesday throughout the county, from our event calendar.
- No events today. Have one to promote? Submit it to the calendar.
☀️ Tuesday’s forecast
Expect a mostly sunny day with a high near 36 degrees, accompanied by breezy conditions as northwest winds of 8 to 13 mph increase to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon, possibly gusting up to 30 mph. The night will be mostly clear, with temperatures dropping to around 21 degrees and west winds of 8 to 15 mph, gusting up to 20 mph. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
Thanks for reading! Feel free to discuss the day’s happenings in the comments.
Friday night’s performance by comedian Nate Bargatze is expected to draw the largest crowd ever to EagleBank Arena on the Fairfax campus of George Mason University, according to Monumental Sports…
Reston Association has adopted a new strategic plan that aims to continue the vision of Reston’s founder Bob Simon over the next three years.
A 93-year-old woman died earlier this week from injuries she sustained in a car crash on Leesburg Pike (Route 7) in Bailey’s Crossroads, police say. Gladys Bilbao, a Falls Church…
D.C.-based fast food chain Z-Burger has officially opened in a former Pizza Hut at 541 Maple Avenue West in Vienna. The restaurant opened in late November. While business was initially…
Great Clips at South Lakes Village Center (Reston, Virginia) is seeking hair donors to participate in the Wigs for Kids program this Valentines Week. If you meet the minimum requirements and would like to donate your hair for children fighting cancer, we would love to host you in our salon this Valentine’s Week for a free haircut.
Hair donations must be a minimum of 12 inches
Hair donations must be clean and stored/packaged completely dry.
Hair donations cannot be permed, color-treated, or highlighted.
Temporary coloring or highlights that wash out are acceptable but must be completely washed out before cutting. Gray hair is accepted.
Peace in Gaza: Prayer Liturgy and Community Discussion for Peace in Arlington VA, Sunday, Feb. 11, 10:15 AM
Prayer, liturgy, and community discussion for peace in Gaza, an immediate cease fire and resumption of humanitarian aid will be hosted by Nova Catholic Community. The focus will be Pope Francis’ call for an immediate ceasefire, the release of all hostages, resumption of humanitarian aid for Palestinians in Gaza, and peace talks for a lasting and just peace for all people in the region.
Discussion will follow at Noon on US military role in the conflict and appropriate steps the US should take to foster peace and rebuilding. Light lunch served.
The Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) Active Bystander Certification course, also known as Active Bystander, is the premier training program to prepare civilians for how to respond during an intentional violent event and to address life-threatening emergencies.
Similar to FEMA’s