Good Wednesday evening, Fairfax County. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar.
🕗 News recap
The following articles were published earlier today — Dec 6, 2023.
- 8:15 am: Morning Notes | 🗣️ Comments
- 9:30 am: Jiwa Singapura closes at Tysons Galleria after less than a year | 🗣️ Comments
- 10:15 am: Lake Accotink task force finds lake could be partially saved with regular dredging | 🗣️ Comments
- 11:00 am: Goodwill to launch new donation drop-off site in Herndon | 🗣️ Comments
- 11:45 am: Northern Va. commuter ferry unlikely to launch any time soon — but there’s still interest | 🗣️ Comments
- 1:30 pm: Police arrest suspect in September rape at West Falls Church motel | 🗣️ Comments
- 2:30 pm: Police identify man killed in Route 29 crash near Centreville | 🗣️ Comments
- 3:00 pm: Vote on redevelopment plan for area near Herndon Metro station expected next year | 🗣️ Comments
- 3:45 pm: Fatal overdose of Justice High School student under police investigation | 🗣️ Comments
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Thursday throughout the county, from our event calendar.
🌥️ Thursday’s forecast
The weather will be mostly cloudy, reaching a high of 45 degrees, accompanied by a light southwest wind that will gradually increase to 5 to 9 mph throughout the morning. As for Thursday night, expect partly cloudy skies with a low temperature of about 32 degrees and a south wind at 5 mph before calming down in the evening. See more from Weather.gov.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
Thanks for reading! Feel free to discuss the day’s happenings in the comments.
Good Friday evening, Fairfax County. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier…
Detectives have charged a 17-year-old boy with DUI-related manslaughter and maiming in a Nov. 20 crash that killed one teen and seriously injured four others in Fairfax County’s Idylwood area….
A mental health facility has opened its doors in Reston, promising to help both clients and new and training therapists. Columbia Associates — which operates a network of outpatient mental…
Some teenage volunteers in Vienna have teamed up with a national nonprofit to show their support for American military service members. The town’s Club Phoenix Teen Council launched a donation…
Dreaming of small-town charm with big-city convenience? Look no further than 7156 Main St in Clifton, Virginia! Nestled just 30 miles from the heart of Washington D.C., this picturesque property offers the best of both worlds.
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city to find tranquility in this quaint, historic town. With its tree-lined streets and friendly community atmosphere, Clifton is the perfect place to call home. Yet, with its close proximity to the nation’s capital, you’ll never be far from the excitement and opportunities of urban living.
Imagine weekends exploring local shops, dining at charming cafes, and enjoying outdoor adventures in nearby parks. Then, commute to D.C. for work or play, soaking in all the culture, entertainment, and career opportunities the city has to offer.
Great Clips at South Lakes Village Center (Reston, Virginia) is seeking hair donors to participate in the Wigs for Kids program this Valentines Week. If you meet the minimum requirements and would like to donate your hair for children fighting cancer, we would love to host you in our salon this Valentine’s Week for a free haircut.
Hair donations must be a minimum of 12 inches
Hair donations must be clean and stored/packaged completely dry.
Hair donations cannot be permed, color-treated, or highlighted.
Temporary coloring or highlights that wash out are acceptable but must be completely washed out before cutting. Gray hair is accepted.
Participate in the 32nd Annual Van Metre 5K Run, a race that goes further than 3.1 miles, and every stride you take supports Children’s National Hospital. The Van Metre 5K Run donates 100% of proceeds to Children’s National Hospital and